Problem with my G400DH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my G400DH!!

My system works fine until I install the G400 drivers. When I shut down and try to coldboot I get a colourfull check-pattern on my monitor. The only thing I can do is to reboot and enter the safe mode.
    I have tried the newest drivers(5.30), BIOS upgrade and amd agp miniport 4.45 but nothing has worked, I still get the check-pattern when I cold boot. There are no IRQ conflicts or shares.

My system:
    Amd500Athlon, ASUSk7m 1.04, 128 PC100, IBM 13gig 7200, SB Live, G400DH 16Mb, 300W ps.

PLEASE HELP ME, THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!

Might be a conflict with the Athlon motherboard. Thats the only thing i can think of..
    sorry i cant help. : )

Comment

Are you using an older monitor? At the computer shop I work in, we have a couple of old monitors on the bench that will not display certain color depths and resolutions, instead displaying colorful flickering lines of garbage. This happened most recently on a computer I was building when I entered Q3Arena, where it changes the resolution to 800X600, 32-bit color. I had the old monitor hooked up, and when I moved it, voila!

BTW, the system I was building was alot like yours: Athlon 650, K7M rev 1.04, Pioneer 10X DVD, G400 32MB DH (I've also used the 16MB SH in a 550 Athlon) Soundblaster Live card. I use the latest Matrox Drivers, the SB LIVE drivers off the CD (the latest ones were causing lots of probs with the G400 for me), and of course the km1007 bios update. (I had an unsupported keyboard. Nearly RMA'd the board before I found out that all I had to do to boot the system is hit the reset button, after which I could flash the bios!)

Anyway, if it's not the monitor, than you need to reinstall everything or RMA the Matrox card. Hopefully something here can help you.

Comment

I too ran into this problem, except that it was with the G200 and PD5.3. Anyhow, I BELIEVE the problem is in the AGP aperture or the system is running in AGP 1X mode. First try to install the powerdesk hack to force AGP 2X. This SHOULD fix the problem. If it doesn't, try to change the AGP aperture size to either 32MB or 128MB. One of these should fix your that problem. Its funny, when I upgraded to the G400 I didn't have this problem. These suggestions imply that you already reinstalled win98 then the bus mastering software, then the AGP minport driver, and finally PD5.3. Hope this helps.

------------------
        HoangN
        K7-500 at 750 - MSI 6167 - SB Live - 128MB PC100 Corsair Cas2 - G400 32MB DH - 13.5GB IBM 22GXP - 10.5GB IBM 10GP - USR 56K - Pioneer 114CR DVD - Memorex 1622 CDRW
        HoangN
        K7-500 at 750 - MSI 6167 - SB Live - 128MB PC100 Corsair Cas2 - G400 32MB DH - 13.5GB IBM 22GXP - 10.5GB IBM 10GP - USR 56K - Pioneer 114CR DVD - Memorex 1622 CDRW

Comment

Had the exact same problem. Here's the solution:

You need to change the Voltage I/O setting on the motherboard to 3.31V. See page 19 of the k7M manual.

I tried everthing -- drivers, irqs, swapping pci cards in & out etc, etc.

Finally found the solution at www.amdzone.com.

Everything works fine now!

---------
          AMD 700, 256MB, K7M, G400 32 DH, SB Live!

Comment

Working...
          X