Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Mousecursor with 5.41/98se

Hi folks,

don't remember this exactly, but since installing 5.30 the mouse pointer/cursor is flickering if it's moved across some animation or if a windows's getting refreshed.

If I grab a window at the title bar and move it around the desktop, the mouse pointer flickers. The same happens, if I move the pointer over these browser animations at the top right corner, while a webpages loads.

5.41 has just the same behaviour.
    NT4/W2K do not show this.

Any suggestions, reg hacks to fix this?

R.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

I had that same problem when I first installed 5.41 and I just disabled the "display color mouse pointers through hardware" options which seems to fix it. Though I've arrived at another problem related to the mouse: After a few minutes of fraggin' on the Quake 3 demo, my mouse starts to move slower and becomes less responsive, even after I pounce back to my desktop. I downloaded PS/2 rate adjuster and noticed my PS/2 motion rate jumped from ~90 Hz before fraggin' to ~160 after. I'm gonna try updating my bios, but if that doesn't fix it I'm back to PD 5.25.

------------------
    Millenium G200 8 Meg (SDRAM) 2.3bios; 350 AMD K6-2 on a VIA MVP3 with latest bios; 128 Meg SDRAM; 8.4 Maxtor;
    Millenium G200 8 Meg (SDRAM) 2.6 - 20 bios; 350 AMD K6-2 on a VIA MVP3 with latest bios; 128 Meg SDRAM; 8.4 Maxtor;

Comment

Keiv,

where exactly do I find that option?

R.
      You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Comment

Working...
      X