G200 AGP unable to display DOS/Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 AGP unable to display DOS/Linux

This just happened today. I put in my friend's G400 to make sure it works (it didn't work with his motherboard). It worked fine, we played a little q3, I stuck my G200 back in...and when i turned on the machine my monitor just stayed in standby.

My machine made its way into windows, and around the time when it would load powerdesk the monitor turned on and display was fine.

I can't open dos prompts in Windows though (monitor goes black, i have to reset), and linux doesn't work at all (if i start X the monitor goes into its turned on mode but there's no display). Basically it can't display unless powerdesk is running (my monitor stays in its standby mode all other times). So i figured the bios was the problem.

Well i updated twice, once with one sent to me by a matrox tech support guy, the other with bios 1_04 from their site. Neither helped. Think i am gonna have to send it in for a new one or has anyone heard of this before?

Sounds like the cards BIOS took a dump. This has happened to many people around here.

Visit GBM's site to get the info you need to rebuild you BIOS....
    http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the info, but every time i run progbios it says "ERROR: Cannot program the BIOS." If i run it without the -k parameter i gives me "- WARNING: The Bios is invalid." It does say VGA is disabled, i just can't get it to overwrite the bios.

Comment

You probably need to contact tech support for an RMA...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 04 December 1999).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X