Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The made-for-DirectX 7 drivers...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The made-for-DirectX 7 drivers...........

So, when will we hear/see/try these upcoming G400 drivers with a new core for DirectX 7?

I think the question should be when will we see games that suport DX7
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well, so far there's Unreal Tournament and Messiah to name a couple...

Comment

Slave zero supports and has Dx7 included on the cd and has EBM support for the G400. Cool game too but hard as hell-I need some cheats!

------------------
        Asus P2b(1010),P3 450,128 mb pc100,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 10 gb hd,Sb Live,Win 98
        Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

What will DX7 do for you if you don't have a T&L capable card??

------------------
          Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Tim Sweeney told that texture management in DirectX 7 has been improved, resulting in better performance when the drivers are optimized for DirectX 7.

Being a texture hungry game, it might help to have a DirectX 7 driver. Thanks to nVidia Epic has improved the Direct3D speed enormously from the first Direct3D patch for the demo to the second patch. You can think bad about nVidia, but they certainly are active in improving speed for Direct3D and OpenGL games.

However I would like to be able to enable high quality textures, where they use a third pass on nearby polygons with a detailed repeating grainy texture, resulting in much better image quality. Only the performance hit on my G400 is to big, while my Voodoo2 had no or less problems with it. :-(

Frank

Comment

Yeah, I remember hearing a lot about DX7's supposed higher speed texture management. It was mentioned that DX7 would speed up TA: Kingdoms, it did.

I can only see good things coming from optimizing drivers for DirectX 7. After all, DirectX 7 has been in development for quite a while, there must be reasons for its existence beyond T&L

The enhanced wall textures in Unreal were "detailtextures." They were in the older UT demo but are gone now, they are likely still in the advanced options though (accessible from the unrealtournament.ini file.) I really liked the detailtextures on my Voodoo1 when I first got Unreal, yet they still don't work right even on the exponetially more powerfull G400.

Huh...............

Comment

Working...
              X