This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My video is all "wibbly"...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the video forum, I think (?)

I've got a problem with video capture on my RRG/G400 setup. Everything appears to capture OK, but when I play back the MJPEG video it's all wibbly - it wibbles up and down, very fast, maybe at 25 or 50Hz, i'm not sure... It doesn't matter what i use as the source - the TV tuner, or S-Video from a camcorder or VHS deck, the effect is the same. Also, the wibbling is present on both the TV and the PC monitor. If I pause on the clip the wibbling ceases - also, strangely if I jump through single frames they same to be aligned OK; It is only continuous playback that shows the effect. Also, there is a second less severe kind of wibbling - when the video is paused, it shakes up and down, but this is less severe (and perhaps normal?) Again, this happens both on the TV and in the PV-VCR window.

The wibbling only happens at a vertical resolution of 576 lines (everything is OK at 288 lines). The framerate is always 25FPS, the encoding is MJPEG at highest quality. There never any dropped frames. Something else I have noticed is that the wibbling doesn't show in the PC-VCR window *if* the window as at x0.5 size, but it does happen at x1 and fullscreen. It also doesn't seem to happen if I use RGB instead of MJPEG - but then the resolutions available are much lower.

This is a real problem 'cos I need to capture 576 lines! The shaking is *very* severe, more than one line... makes me feel ill watching it. The effect is *always* present, on every recording, and for all of that recording. Any help would be great, I have given up on Matrox UK tech support - they are just terrible, awfull, no good at all I have read some other threads about jittering but they don't seem to be the same problem as mine (?)

Thanks alot everyone in advance,

Smiff

Oh god sorry i've posted to the wrong forum -Ant or Kruzin - could you shunt this over to Dektop Video? Sorry, I'm a tit!

Comment

Done
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X