Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G400 under Windows 2000

Hello fellow Matrox users,

I recently upgraded to Windows 2000 RC3 (5.00.2183). When I try to install the latest drivers from Matrox (5.00.07) as released yesterday (2 December), the drivers will not work upon restart - the default VGA driver is used. Using the Device Manager and navigating to the G400 AGP entry reveals that the device cannot start and gives "Code 10". Does anyone have any idea what the deal is? I tried erasing my INF's and using the 4.90 beta driver with the same result.

My machine is a Pentium 500 on a ABIT BE6, 11 November bios (latest). The G400 is a normal dual-head.

If you have any ideas or can help please email me: baughj@rpi.edu.

Thanks,

Justin

How did you install the drivers? Mine's doing fine. And in fact didn't even require a reboot to initialize the G400 drivers. That was pretty darn cool.

------------------
    Reach me on MS Messenger as everettes@hotmail.com
    PIII550, Intel SE440BX-2, 3 x 128 Kingston PC100CAS2 ECC, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah, Voodoo3 3000, G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer 303s, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

PIII600EB, CC820, 256Megs, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah,G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

Comment

The setup program had me do a reboot.

Comment

I installed the drivers normally: by running the Powerdesk setup program. The program runs successfully and asks me to reboot; when I do, I am still in 16 colors at 640x480 (yeech). No matter what I do it always says "Code 10" under the Matrox G400 entry in the Device Manager.

Comment

The installation procedure I followed was:

1) Uninstall previous drivers through the Uninstall Driver Wizard
          2) Reboot
          3) Windows 2000 detects videocard. Select 'Cancel'
          4) Enter Windows 2000, run the Powerdesk setup program
          5) When installation of drivers is finished, reboot.

And that's it. The drivers are working fine on 32Mb DH G400, on RC2. Hope this helps

[This message has been edited by wiggo (edited 03 December 1999).]

[This message has been edited by wiggo (edited 03 December 1999).]

Comment

I haven't attempted this yet, as I am still at work. Everettes and Galvin, did you use the PowerDesk setup program or the "Have Disk>INF" routine?

Thanks.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I just pointed Device Manager towards the drivers and let it do it. I didn't used the Setup program.

PIII600EB, CC820, 256Megs, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah,G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

Comment

Just ran the setup program, rebooted and it worked! Bus mastering was disabled, so be sure you check it under display options -> settings -> advanced -> options

I don't notice any difference compared to my games in win98 now, they're visually about the same speed (I think w2k may be faster, but that just may be me wanting it to be

No turboGL though Q3A works with the ICD for me perfectly except in the menus where the curser lags behind my movements about a second (and I can't adjust the gamma and it's too dark) No major complaints.. Good work, Matrox!!

Comment

Working...
                X