MillenniumG400MAX vs. MarvelG400TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MillenniumG400MAX vs. MarvelG400TV

As you tell by my username, I'm relatively new to this field and need some advice from the pros out there.

I want to dive head first into digital video editing and have the option of buying either the Millennium G400MAX & Rainbow Runner G-series or the Marvel G400TV.

Now, I've never been one to cut corners to save a few bucks at the expense of performance/features, so if there's a way to couple the performance of the G400MAX & RRG (+ whatever software I need to add) to produce a "Marvel-on-steroids", I'm all for it.

I understand RRG & Marvel both use the same hardware codec, and RRG includes the more feature-rich Ulead editing software, so the G400MAX & RRG gain points there.

On the other hand, Marvel includes a handy BOB, A software DVD player and other cool software that it's "competitor" doesn't.

But then again I also like the option of choosing between a CRT monitor or TV for the second display on the G400MAX.

I guess what I worried about is this:
    Am I sacrificing raw processing power and performance by going for a ready to go, all-in-one solution in the Marvel?

Too many options and choices for my novice brain to contemplate.

Can anyone offer any advice?

ps. I do a lot of graphic intensive work in Illustrator & Photoshop, another reason why I 'm concerned with raw processing power. (my Millennium G200 chokes in Illustrator)

depends what your primary use is..
    the marvel G400 has a newer decoder chip in it then the RRG which improves color and image quality when playing back files
    when i say better i mean just that
    however thats not to say that the RRG is crap
    it is also excellent but putting the 2 side by side there is a difference.

but if you play games... you wont be happy unless you have a G400 max or whatever :O)

me and my marvel are playing Q3 at high quality 1024x768 at 35- fps in demo1
    thats fine for me :O)
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
    X