1055 Saint Regis blvd., Dorval, Quebec, Canada, H9P 2T4
    (Mail coming from outside USA)
    US Address:
    625 State Route 3, Unit B, Plattsburgh, NY, USA, 12901
    (Mail coming from USA)
    ~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 29 November 1999).]

Good news indeed
    And said drivers will have much more than just the basic 2D support this time, I would imagine...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Even though there is no guarantee what's included, I still wonder where those "Matrox is not in time" whiners lurk now..
      Looks like they are quite in time if the OS isn't coming out for months from now. (and the 'news' isn't hoax)

_
      B

Comment

Not out for months? Try two weeks buddy! If this rumor is true and they are out we shall see just how much directx and ogl they support. I know I will have my fingers crossed.

------------------
        Get Paid to Surf the Web! <A HREF="http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=CBM-295
        " TARGET=_blank>http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=CBM-295
        </A>
        Asus K7V
        Athlon 700
        128mb PC133 HSDRAM
        Matrox Millennium g400max
        Adaptec 2940U2W
        IBM 9gb U2W
        Plextor 8/20 cdr
        Diamond MX300
        3com 905b-tx

Comment

I also got this in the latest DevRel Newsletter.

* Windows 2000 G400 2D only driver - build 4.90.068
          ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_2k/1999/w2k_490.exe
          *** This will be updated shortly to a full 2D/D3D/OpenGL driver...

Sounds promissing...

------------------
          Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

Comment

Kruzin is being coy again.

(This, in the past, has signified good news.)

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Any news that means I can get rid of this crappy GUI-on-a-16bit-OS <g> is definately GREAT news. I really hope we get performance at least near win9x levels..

Comment

Surely you aren't limited to your imagination, Kruzin. Don't tell me Haig booted you outta the BBs again? tsk.. what did you do this time?

Darn it, there's that twitch again!

------------------
                Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I don't even have Win2k on my system...so I can only imagine what drivers will be like when released
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Great news, I hope they are released in the next few days.

I don't particularly care if they are a bit buggy, I just want to see that OpenGL and D3D are being worked on, and given an opportunity to report any problems.

Paul.

Comment

great news !

10 days ago (rc3) i decided to sell my g400, cause the w2k-beta is bul..s.t and i read a post in the g200-forum that matrox wouldn't support w2k before release in feb 2000.
                      i have to cry if i see my friends with nvidia-cards and a respectable driver-support. now i own my g400 for 1 month and think the hardware-guys at matrox does a good job, but the driver-team.....
                      i hope the new w2k-beta will have d3d and ogl-support, cause then my dream comes true -to kill the ****ing 16bit-toy-os called win9x.
                      excuse my english

galac

Comment

Kick ASS!
                        New drivers for Win2K with D3D support (I'm praying). I have to say that Matrox is getting their act together. Now I won't have to blow my HD away and install W98 so I can play Rogue Spear.

Now I can truly enjoy my computer and not regret the purchase of my BP6 (no upgrade path to P3 - no TurboGL; and the G400MAX itself - no 3D support in Win2K).

I hope the rest of you with G400MAX and Win2K are as happy as I am.

------------------
                        -------------------------
                        Good Gaming!

ObiBen
                        Regards,

Ben

Config: Abit BE6-II r1, PIII 700E@933, 256MB PC133 RAM (CAS2), SB Live!, Intel 82558 10/100 Net Adapter, IBM 13.5 GXP IDE HD, Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Host Adapter, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W SCSI HD, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD-ROM, Matrox G400MAX (Yeah!), Viewsonic PS790 and E771, Win98SE and NT4

Comment

I heard that microsoft will no longer be including opengl drivers (for any video card) for win 2k(RC's and betas). They are leaving it up to video card manufacturers to supply there own. The said they will concentrate on direct X, because of the "limited" use of opengl by a few apps.

I think I read it a Anandtech

Comment

LOL, and next MicroSucks will probably tell us that they are using D3D in their topend 3D programs when making cutscenes for their gametitles

(in fact, they probably make the final renderings in D3D and then films the screen with a webcam)

(yea yea yea, I know.... OT)

Torben R
                            G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

'Course all this OpenGL nonsense is being based on a story by THE REGISTER, which has the journalistic integrity of... oh... Richard Nixon with a typewriter.

- Gurm

------------------
                              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X