Problems With PwrDsk 5.41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With PwrDsk 5.41

Hmmmm...This is the first driver upgrade since I installed my G200 many, many moons ago that I apparently cannot use. Uninstalled 5.30 using utility...installed 5.41 and decided to try Q3 as a test. Game is unplayable. Game 'freezes' for a small fraction of a second every 1/2 second or so. Never seen anything like it. This is on a Tyan s1846s BX board that has always run beautifully with the G200.
    Didn't bother to try anything else. If it can't do Q3, there is a serious problem.....

Tyan s1846s
    Turtle Beach Quad
    Celery 300A@504
    MillG200 16Mb

IRQ's...Nothing weird here...Turtle Beach has always shared with something, has never been a problem.

0 System timer
    1 Alps GlidePoint Keyboard
    2 Programmable interrupt controller
    3 Communications Port (COM2)
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    5 (free)
    6 (free)
    7 Printer Port (LPT1)
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    9 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter(NC100)
    9 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    10 Matrox Millennium G200 AGP - English
    10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    11 Turtle Beach Montego II Quadzilla Audio
    11 Turtle Beach Montego II Quadzilla Multifunction PCI Platform
    11 Intel(r) 82371AB/EB/MB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    12 Alps PS/2 GlidePoint
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    14 Intel(r) 82371AB/EB/MB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    15 Intel(r) 82371AB/EB/MB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller

Are you using your USB port for anything??? You might try to disable the USB in the device manager just for kicks to see if it makes a difference.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

You have upgraded your cards BIOS haven't you? I seem to remember summit about you had to bet to a certain BIOS revision level before (I can't remember wich version, sorry! 5.25?) powerdesk would work. You should try that....Hope it works...

------------------
      Cheerie,
      Monty
      Cheerie,
      Monty

Comment

Good try..but I'm a 'New Driver Junkie', guess Matrox made me that way waiting for the ICD last year..lol.
        BIOS is 2.6-20..don't think there is anything newer,,

Comment

Check out my post "5.41 and G200 wierdness"
          I had the same strange pauses in Q3, but found it was due to powerdesk sucking 20% cpu time for some reason. The new drivers do look better, but I have to terminate pdesk.exe everytime I want to do something, and the damned thing restarts after I run a game, even if it isn't loaded at startup.

Comment

Yep...USB modem and scanner and joystick. Disabling USB is not an option. Everything was fine with every release of PwrDsk before 5.41. But might reinstall 5.41 and turn off UBS to see WTF.

So this is where the G200's get left behind on the BX platform? VIA left off at 5.25 (at least for the Epox boards).

This Sux...

Comment

Since Haig is on vacation this week, there might not be anyone (Matrox person) reading the forums this week.

Perhaps us G200 owners would get an "official" fix more quickly if we all submit the problem to the tech support...
              http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/...quest_form.htm

Comment

I had the same problem with games freezing up every other second, and then I ran the powerdesk hack to disable vsync and so far things seem to be working fine. you might wanna give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                X