Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDRAM on G400 - it is possible?

Hi!
    There is some information about in the Russia G400 with SDRAM chips are shopped. It is possible - I think that Matrox G400 specs does not support SDRAM chips? May be these cards are self-maded in China?
    Thanks.

Sometimes they make mistakes with descriptions. As far as I have seen all G400 cards come with SGRAM. G400 OEM cards are made in china - the again WHAT isn't made in china nowadays

[This message has been edited by rickn (edited 24 November 1999).]

Comment

Matrox cards maded in China - OK, I have this one, it's a normal card - but I told about "left" - not Matrox cards. If chip specifications enable working with SDRAM memory, then card can be maked with it..

Comment

In fact, there are 16MB G400 OEM cards with SDRAM to be found in retail stores. Those cards are usually cheaper and less fast. We had a delivery with SDRAM in our store although we didn't order SDRAM cards. Nice try, but we did return the cards to our distributor. They were labeled G4+MA16?D where the question mark stands for another letter I can't remember right now.
        The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
        Bob Dylan

Comment

Thanks!
          But why I cannot find this info on www.matrox.com?

Comment

Probably because SD-RAM chipped cards are never meant for public consumption - just for OEMs...

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

TedyBear. Matrox specified indirecly on the G400 manuel when he enuamer all type of memory for the G400 and max. For the G400 it's say SDRAM or SGRAM.
              My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
              --------------
              I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
              (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
              Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Grievously ... one half or more of Moscow computer shops retail prices - G400&SDRAM...
                "Not for public consumption" - you told
                I can buy a card that is not exist ... :-D
                I know that is present in chip specifications, but it is new for me that SDRAM based cards are produced and shopped.

Thanks for all!

But.. Can I use standard overclocking tools for SDRAM card, no BIOS or driver modifications are needed?

[This message has been edited by TeddyBear (edited 24 November 1999).]

Comment

Hi Teddy,

Yes we make SD.
                  It has the same features as an SG board and it doesn't need any special drivers.

Haig

Comment

I had received two letter about awful image quality on the "new" 16M SDRAM G400 cards that realized in Russia - both cards are maded in China:
                    http://ixbt.stack.net/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000799.html

First letter - from Mr Vartan Minasyan about horizontal grey/black bars twinkle on the image at any text scrolling (MSWord, IE, Notepad) and in OGL games. Drivers - 5.20-5.25-5.30 - the same. Card was changes to another 16M SD - the same results.
                    Second letter - from Mr GraphUser:
                    All G400 OEM (MADE IN CHINA) - are sheet. For 15" monitors only.
                    1152x768x85 Hz - working in Adobe Illustrator 8 is impossible!!!!
                    1280x1024x70 - eyes corrupting. More resolution is worse only.
                    To People!!! Matrox from CHINA is not real Matrox. It's Matrox for chineese small eyes, not for 2D graphics.

P.S. IMHO Chineese G200 at 1600x1200x85 Hz _MUCH_ better than G400 .
                    Any comments?

Comment

I thought the SGRAM was on the MAX (and the MAXs sold as G400s) and the SDRAM was on the G400s???
                      As I mistaken?
                      Kelin

Comment

To Kelin:
                        All G400 that I saw are with SGRAM memory. I have SingleHead 32M G400 on SGRAM (not MAX).
                        In the Matrox bulletins all G400 cards announced on SGRAM only (but ... SDRAM for OEM purposes.. )

Comment

I have a G400 SH 32mb and it has the following part number on the label:
                          G4+MA32G
                          The memory chips are labeled:
                          SEC KOREA 913 KM4132G1120-6
                          UF8086JA

Can anyone tell me exactly what I have?

Thanks Alot,
                          Ed

Comment

Teddybear, I would take it as a hoax. The output display quality doesn´t depend of memory (the speed does), it depends mostly of the RAMDAC, that is integrated in the chip core. The PCB quality may have some influence, but maybe in a minor extent.

Comment

I appreciate you're taking the time to clear that uP for moi...
                              Thankz
                              Kelin

Comment

Working...
                              X