Macrovision !@#$%^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision !@#$%^

Is it possible to disable Macrovisison protection when playing through TV out of G400???

thanx
    PIIIE-550@733 Abit BF6, 192MB PC133 RAM, 2x IBM 27GB on FASTTRACK66 RAID, AOPEN 9632 DVD, SBLIVE!, G400 32M DH@(160/200) ADI 17', Askey TV card

I don't think G400 is Macrovision protected.......is it?

At least mine isn't....
    I CAN out put the signal through VCR to TV....and....
    I want the T&L in my G400!

Comment

At least I do have Macrovision protection. It is activated when playing protected DVD's. Not all DVD's are locked, but most of them are.

The Macrovision seems to be part of the Cinemaster engine, there may be Cinemaster Macrovision hacks around...

M.
      year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

My g400 is also macrovision protected! I have read however that the cinemaster 1.028 engine doesnt have macrovision! I havent tried it though.

System:
        Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
        AMD Thunderbird 800
        SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
        Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
        LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
        IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
        Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
        WinME
        directx 8.0a
        384mb pc133

Comment

Guys, use a Macrovision descrambler between the G400's output and the VCR...These things can be üurchased at any electronics store and you can at least make copies of the DVDs for friends and family...

Comment

Gavin, wont that influence picture quality?
            System:
            Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
            AMD Thunderbird 800
            SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
            Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
            LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
            IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
            Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
            WinME
            directx 8.0a
            384mb pc133

Comment

Also if you have an old VCR it doesn´t care about Macrovision protection...

Comment

I don't think the age of the VCR has anything to do with it. Macrovision protection isn't designed into VCRs. it's inherent. Macrovison screws with the AGC on the your VCR. It's pretty clever really, taking advantage of the slow response of the AGC circuits in videos!!

George.
                Abit BX6r2
                Pentium III 450
                128 SDRAM (non ECC)
                13GB WD HD
                SB Live Value liveware3
                EtherLink III NIC

Comment

George,
                  Macrovision only affects vcr's that were designed to be affected by it. Vcr's prior to macrovision aren't affected by it. This is prior to 1990. My 2 will copy any movie or dvd without any problems. The dual deck vcr's will copy macrovision protected tapes. I haven't tried to use them with a dvd.
                  Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
                  Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Thanks for that Mynx, I wasn't aware of that. I'd love to have a look at the imput stages of one of these older videos!

Cheers,

George.
                    Abit BX6r2
                    Pentium III 450
                    128 SDRAM (non ECC)
                    13GB WD HD
                    SB Live Value liveware3
                    EtherLink III NIC

Comment

Believe me! I really CAN copy down the DVD movies onto the VCR (bought brand new Panasonic this summer). But I did work around to get the correct image.

When I used the DualHead DVD MAX to out put, the image lights up and dimmed repeatedly if I started the recording. After that, I decided to turn on BOTH DualHead Clone and DVD MAX (I will double check this because I don't remember whatelse I did). Then I can actually recorded it down onto the tape. But my motivation to do this was just too bored to play games so I didn't try others nor finished the entire movie.

The DVD I used was "Scent of A Woman", which should be Macrovision protected.....isn't it? I will try someother titles when I have time. Good luck to everyone of us who against stupid Macrovision thing.
                      I want the T&L in my G400!

Comment

On a site, but vaguely related note, Anyone in the UK watch Watchdog the other day? People were complaining about Macrovision on Digital TV (Satellite and Terrestial). Enough people complained about it that they are removing it from their broadcasts!!

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

I'm not surprised. That Anne Robinson (who presents Watchdog for all you outside the UK) is a scary piece of work.

Let's just say she has an affinity for ruby slippers ;-)

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a Macrovision descrambler in the UK?

Comment

you can find them advertised in mags like Camcorder user, that sort of thing
                              mine cost me about £50 4 years ago
                              pretty cool is it to, replaceing the synchpulse in the sigal can make it brighter???
                              so better to have a model where you can screw around with the brightness and contrast controls :O)
                              Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
                              X