Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Frequency?

Hi All,

I have a Asus P3B-F Motherboard. What should the AGP frequency be set to to accomodate the G400 MAx 32BM Dual. It is currently set to 2/3 (66) I can change it to 1.

Currently the Matrox will crash if I dont enable the Registry Hack FORCE AGP 1X.

Will AGP 2X result in a signifigant improvement? If so what Settings to I need to change on the Motherboard?

Help Appreciated!

------------------
    "Logic is a system whereby one can go wrong with confidence" - Charles Kettering
    "Logic is a system whereby one can go wrong with confidence" - Charles Kettering

2/3 is the correct setting. AGP specs call for 66MHz. the 1/1 setting is for 66MHz chips (Celeron).

AGP 2x refers to the speed of AGP texture swaps, not the overall performance of the card. Since AGP texture swaps aare not used that much in todays games/apps, the difference between 1x and 2x only shows up in static benchmarks like 3DMark99, where large AGP texture tests are run. In the real world, you will not likely see the difference from 1x to 2x.

To try and get 2x, there is really nothing in the BIOS you can change. If it doesn't want to run in 2x, it's usually because of the motherboard, or the RAM causing bus "noise". You can try shifting your RAM to different slots. If you are running more than one DIMM, try them one at a time. But usually, if it doesn't want to go 2x, it won't. It's not something to be terribly concerned about, though....
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Many Thanks,

This Forum is extremely efficient.

Great Stuff!!!

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X