Matrox PD Monitor Settings, Drivers, other ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox PD Monitor Settings, Drivers, other ?'s

I know this question belongs in the PowerDesk section, but I thought posting here might provide a faster answer.

PowerDesk, as we all know, includes quite a number of pre-configured monitor settings that Matrox has put together. When many monitors already include an INF file for this, why do we need Matrox to do this? Most other video card mfg's don't do this?

Also, if you remember a previous post, I was about ready to dump the G400 due to driver related issues. One program that was giving me fits was Symantec TalkWorks PRO. Well...I've wound up dumping it 'cause the fool thing doesn't always answer the phone correctly (i.e. I'm missing a lot of faxes...arg!).

The driver issues still obviously exist.

Any one know when updated drivers are due?

Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

The monitor selections are a carryover from older versions of Powerdesk. I think Matrox may see your point, as the latest Win2k beta drivers don't have this monitor list any more (at least not the current version). In PD4.xx the utility was very useful, as it would let you completely replace a window monitor definition with a tweaked out Matrox definition. In PD5.xx, it doesn't do that any more....it just "overlays" any customizations you've done to refresh rates over the Windows inf for your monitor. As long as we can still apply those customizations, I can't see a reason for the separate monitor selection list in PD.

Next drivers? When they're ready Matrox gives little to no warning before they release them...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X