Need help with my G-400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my G-400

Very often my computer hang (the screen is freezing) and I have to reboot with ctrl-alt-del, but sometimes I need to use the reset-switch. After that it can works fine rest of that day.
    I have set the Matrox card to IRQ 9, and it does not sharing the IRQ with other devices.
    My computer is:
    P-III 500 with 128Mb RAM.
    Matrox Mill. G400 32AGP Dualhead
    BE-6 motherboard with the latest Bios (11.11.99)
    Quantum 18Gb HD IDE
    Soundblaster Live 1024
    W98SE
    Powerdesk 5.30
    Directx7

I have heard of people having trouble with G400 and Live cards. If not, I think that it sounds like a heat or overclocking issue. Even if you have not overclocked the processor, some "shady" dealers have been selling p3450s overclocked at 500 and higher. Just something to think of. System specs might help. Also maybe a loose card or wire in the system.

------------------
    AssuP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.30 w/beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

The problem with the G400 and the Soundblaster Live is resolved with Liveware 2.1 or higher. I believe the last version is 3.0

Bohrn's suggestion about a loose card is a good one. That loose card may just be your G400, which has given many of us a hard time. Make sure it is seated properly in the AGP slot. It may look properly seated, but it often isn't. Make sure it is in straight and that it is all the way in there.

Increase your AGP aperture to 256 Mb.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 28 November 1999).]

Comment

Why would the g400 require you to set your apeture size to 128 or 256 megs? I have 128 megs and was going to set mine to 64 as usual, doing this will cause me probs? Jediphoenix

------------------
        ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
        <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
        " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
        </A>

Comment

Working...
        X