This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHAME ON MATROX!

I had a G400MAX oredered since October at BUY.com, a good company and at a good price $188. My board was due in 1st week in November. Apparently, Matrox stopped delivery on all retail boards until FEBRUARY!!! Is this just because they won many awards a COMDEX and want to get top dollars this Christmas. Boo Matrox! Not a good way to make friends. I couldn't find one anywhere (for a good price). I refuse to pay list price or over for a board that's been around for a while. I don't care how good it is. I'm going with a G400-TV which kills me to purchase right from Matrox's site, but my system goes together over this next 2 weeks. The holidsys are close now and I can't fool around now. Good luck trying to find a bargain on Matrox board right now. Anyone else have a similar story???

didn't you wonder why the price was so low? they were trying to force matrox to lower their wholesaling cost by getting a large amount of back orders for a price they couldn't get the cards for
    jim
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Soap Box.

slyfox

[This message has been edited by slyfox (edited 28 November 1999).]

Comment

I don't know if that's true, but I ordered a nearly complete component system (nearly $2000 worth), other items backordered and I received everything else before the projected shipping dates. I can't blame Buy.com for working for its customers. Besides looking at many other sites today, MOST say "backordered!" (Alberdeen will sell you a g400MAX for $299,) any takers????

Bob

Comment

hey your are crying because you'll have to pay a little more money?...here in argentina the g400 dh cost me $460 ..if yoy really want the card you'll pay ...matrox card are the best cards today...best 2d..best 3d quality...it really worth the money you pay in it

Comment

C'mon guys. I think the folks running the joint would prefer this to be taken elsewhere, and there is a thread in the Soapbox on this very subject.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
            X