All MATROX hardware guru`s PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All MATROX hardware guru`s PLEASE HELP

this is my letter to Matrox support about 2 weeks ago but no answer yet. Please help me.

------------------------------------------
    Dear Matrox Support,

Please help me solve my problem with video CARD MATROX MYSTIQUE 220 (MGA-1164SG). This card has worked without problems on my system for one year. Last week I turned on computer and heard one long beep. Monitor stayed in sleep mode.
    During booting and DOS mode, Mystique220 card doesn`t provide display output (blank screen on my monitor). Card provides display output only in Windows98. According to your technical support FAQ it maybe a corrupted bios. It`s interesting that Matrox driver information table in windows 98 show me no number for bios and 135Mhz RAMDAC instead of 220Mhz.
    I have tried to flash video bios with command "progbios -i 858-5.bin" in old DOS fashion, but with not success. I`m not sure, that the memory was flashed properly because screen was blank.
    Could you give me some advices to this problem and please send me Emergency BIOS backup diskette files for my card.
    -------------------------------------

exact mystique numbers:
    Matrox Mystique 220 4MB SGRAM, bios1.5
    MY220P/4BN/20 S/N EBA00040
    MFG P/N 79075010311 assembled in USA

Thanks
    John Rambo

i had the same problem with a g200 after i upgraded the bios...no dos screen ..in win 98 too...the ms-dos screen wouldn't work

Comment

i had to change it...

Comment

Matrox has found a way to flash in Windoze. Use the winflash file instead of the dos one.

Comment

Go to my website for a description of BIOS recovery.

Comment

hi guys,

Yesterday sent me Mr. Daniel Lawrence from Matrox support emergency BIOS files. Then I properly flashed it from boot diskette and now the card gives me screen output in old DOS fashion.

MATROX 220 MYSTIQUE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Matroxsupport and all of you.

regards
            John Rambo

GBM: please give me your url

Comment

Glad ya got it goin again...

Check GBM's profile for his url.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
              X