Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games are not running with GL and G400

Can anyone help me??
    I upgraded the matrox bios, formated my HD, installed Win98SE and the new matrox driver vers. 5.30.007., Q3 and Q3Tweak 1050, tryed to run Q3 and it doesn't work. PowerGl doesn't work easer because of no Athlon nor PIII installed. Changed the .cfg to 800*600 32 but it will not work. In 640*480 the colores are washed out. Withe the old G400icd.dll Version 5.13 the system crashes, withe new from 5.30.007 the monitor turns grey. After (<Strg>, <Alt> and <delete> the Q3 screen turns up again and says

...initializing QGL
    ...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
    ...setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
    ...using colorsbits of 32
    ...calling CDS: ok
    ...created window@0,0 (800x600)
    Initializing OpenGL driver
    ----- CL_Shutdown -----
    RE_Shutdown( 1 )
    Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

Direct 3D runs fine but Games with OpenGl allway crush. The old G400icd works with "unreal" 1 f per minute great!!

The old system with VoodoII worked. No the fresh formated and new installed hangs with GL

Anyone any Idea what to do

Thanks and greatings Hoolie

My System:

G400 DualHead (not max)Power desk 5.30.007, Bios 1.5 - 22, rest 4.11.01.1300/ DualHead disabled/ DirectX 7.0/ Win98SE/ Gigabyte motherboard/ 1*128 + 3* 32 mb RAM (66Hz), Celeron 366 no overclock
    / Adaptec AH2940 UW, Plextor PX 20TS and Traxdata 4120-CDR/ IBM- DCAS-32160, -34330W, DDRS-39130W and DORS-32160 HDD/ EIZO FlexScan F67 monitor/ Acermodom 56/ Fast Ethernet 100Mbps PCI Adapter/ Soundblaster Live (Full, 44 kHz)/ HP Wheelmouse

I read somewhere that Matrox's TurboGL driver will not work with anything less than a Pentium III. Have you heard this?? Maybe some of your trouble.

Comment

OpenGL games run fine on my system:

- Pentium II 333@400
      - G400 DH 32 MB
      - 128 MB

- Driver 5.30.007, but with the beta 1 OpenGL ICD (did you try it ?)
      - Windows 98SE, DirectX 7

Dualhead must be disabled.

edzel

Comment

Sorry for going off topic, but, edzel - can you not get that PII-333 to run at 500 or even 515mhz?? I can mine, and I know others who can too.

Back to the topic - normal things here - IRQ listing would be appreciated.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

well i have the same problem. with my k7 system. 5.30 is unstable in gl turbgl locks the system. reg gl locks the system. d3d works fine. uninstalling and reinstalling dose not help. 5.25 open gl d3d and beta icd all work fine. i did not think to try 5.3 with the beta icd. may try and reload it latter but not for now. it seams that every other driver release for me open gl seems to work. cross fingers that the direct x 7 optimized drivers and open gl work for me.

------------------
          my system has arived. all together and if i new about the usb bug in 98 with this board i would have been fiished a lot sooner.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,5x cldvd region free, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor, usb logitech mouse.

i found the fix for the mouse hang problem.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
          it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I've had the same problems with Half Life. I never quite got the game working under OpenGL properly with my G200 celeron system, so was forced to use D3D. I recently upgraded to a K7M mobo with a G400 and a new HD. I made a clean install of W98, installed DX7 and the Powerdesk 5.30. The game would run using OpenGL, but with a black screen. I then plugged in my old HD, using my celeron install of W98 and powerdesk 5.13 (I used 5.13 because later versions have a transparancy bug in D3D - matrox knows, they told me they are working on it), upgraded the drivers to 5.30, and voila, OpenGL works just fine. Better than fine, it works great! I don't really get it, I thought the clean install would help me, but it didn't. As it turns out, my old install with lots of useless files and registry entries works better than the clean one.

My system:
            G400 32mb DH, Asus K7M, Athlon 500Mhz, 128Mb

Comment

I have exactly the same problems with
              Q3 + Homeworld and OpenGL.

But my cpu is a PIII, so it seems not to be a processor depending problem.
              HL runs good, even on OGL, but Q3 and Homeworld cause system hangups, when they try to initialize OGL

Comment

I have exactly the same problems with
                Q3 + Homeworld and OpenGL.

But my cpu is a PIII, so it seems not to be a processor depending problem.
                HL runs good, even on OGL, but Q3 and Homeworld cause system hangups, when they try to initialize OGL

Comment

Working...
                X