Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

making VCDs and videos....what makes the quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making VCDs and videos....what makes the quality?

I have a few questions about certain things on making quality VCDs and videos. I am a beginner and have never done video editing before...but I learn very fast. I learned and built my computer in a week and installed my scsi CDRW and learned how to burn them in a few hours....and I really hope making videos is just as easy. Please give any techniques that would help me and feel free to email me personally too. I'm trying this out as a hobby. Thank you.
    I have:
    Athlon 550
    FIC SD11
    Matrox G400 32mb dualhead
    Adaptec 2930 SCSI (20mB/s)
    Maxtor 13.6gB 7200/66
    Pioneer DVD 103s
    Yamaha 4416Scsi
    3COM 3C905B NIC card

1) I am planning to buy a RR-G for my G400 (currently o/ced at 301.5)locking it would help the video quality during certain processes in making videos? If so which part of making the video would it help?
    2) Are there any known problems with the G400 regular and RR-G combo? Any upcoming updates to fix problems besides the updates now? Or should I just wait for the next card in the series?
    3) I'm not sure what type of hard drive to purchase...a scsi or a eide...and how large is needed?
    4) Will there be any IRQ conflicts with so many things on my system because FIC motherboards are known for problems? Also is a 300 watt powersupply enough to hold these extra items?
    5) What type of CD-Rs are trustworthy...I was planning to buy either generic (Pacific...something...very cheap though) or Memorex(heard bad things bout these CD-Rs) 80min/700mB CD-Rs but are these compatible with DVD players like other CD-R or are they just the same? What brand is the best?
    6) Is the Ulead MS 5.02a VE program that is bundled enough to do the video editing I need to make the best VCDs or are there upgrades to purchase on the bundle such as to a Pro version?
    7) I hear great things about video compression and was wondering if the Panasonic encoder for making VCDs is the best and just leave the one bundled alone?

Can someone convince me that the Rainbow Runner G-Series is the best or worst or neutral card for me to buy because it has ups and downs? I'm still deciding. Thank you all in advance. I just don't want to waste money.

Comment

Working...
    X