Performance in Pro/Engineer with DH ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance in Pro/Engineer with DH ?

I have to work (student) with 3D-models, and would like to use DH with Pro/Engineer, but DH KILLS PERFORMANCE. With one monitor, when i turn models, it's SMOOOOOTH , but when dualhead on, turning is l-i-k-e t-h-i-s. Any suggestions, should i install NT, anyone tried Pro/E with NT and current drivers ? Now using Pro/E v2000 and Win98SE.

Pe-Te

-----------
    C300A@463, 128Mb PC100, G400MAX, 19" Hitatchi + 15" Nokia, 21Gb HD, etc..

Don't know if this will matter, but what color depth are your screens set to? Do you get slowdown in 16bit mode?

Second, do you get slowdown if you enable DualHead multi-display, but DISABLE the second monitor via the Display Control Panel?

If you're getting slowdown with DualHead on, but the second display disabled via the Display Control Panel, you're probably hitting the "no hardware OpenGL with more than one display adapter" problem that 98 has.

Just my $0.02
    The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
    The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
    The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

I've just started to use Pro/E in Win98, but every time the model I'm working on moves outside of the Pro/E window, my system crashes. What settings do you use for Pro/E for it to run smoothly.??

Your advice here would be VERY much appreciated - I'm trying to get my collegue to upgrade fom a PPro200 to PIII-450 without needing to spend HUGE $$$$$ on a SGI workstation, and I'd like to prove to him that the G400 can do the job.

Comment

IceStorm:
        Q1: I didnt notice any difference between 16/32bit
        Q2: YES, i get slowdown when DH on and second monitor disabled.. ok, so thats it.

Gavern:
        Havent touched the settings after install, Pro/e was smoooth right from the start. And i only use Celeron300A o'c to 463 to run it. Havent REALLY used pro/e in 98SE that much, models have been quite small, ( about 5-15 parts in assembly ) but the performance is been great with G400MAX ( except with 2 monitor mode =). Havent used pro/e now for a while, i have a deadline in 15/12 so why worry just yet. =)

My system has crashed maybe once or twice using Pro/e ( and the first crash came just perfect.. no saves. =), so i do save quite often.. but no problems when moving model out of the screen. =)

Like i said, i have 98SE + all the latest drivers and bioses installed.

What kind of settings do you need to know, i could dig them out from my proe if i knew what to look for. =)

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X