Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I direct DVD resouces away from computer and towards TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I direct DVD resouces away from computer and towards TV?

Hi:

I own a G400max.

My question is:

I don't care about playing DVD movies on my computer. How can I direct resources away from computer playback and put it towards TV playback?

Thanks,

Hank

Uh, use the TV/Out function? Is this a trick question?

Comment

Go into your display properties under "advanced" and click on the Dualhead tab.

Now check the DVD Max option to direct full screen output to the TV. You will probably have to fiddle with the scaling in order to make it work (I'm working from memory here). Try checking the first two checkboxes and leave the third one unchecked (the second one is scale on page flip only).

One thing I *have* noticed (using the DVD player that was bundled with the card) is that if you minimize the DVD window on the monitor's desktop, you get a good deal of artifacting on the TV, so if you are planning on doing something else on the monitor, make sure you run the DVD window as large as possible, but behind whatever you're working on. Me, I don't run anything besides the DVD player if I'm watching a movie.

Oh yes, and I bumped up the video resolution to 1024X768 (the maximum for the TV, I believe).

....Tessen....
      ....Gregory Mate....

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Hank

Comment

Working...
        X