Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Uninstall 5.11.012 ?

Dear Friends,

Currently I use the driver version 5.11.012. I would like to update to version 5.30. Would you please tell me the best way to install this new driver. Should I need to uninstall my previous driver? How to do that? Is there any problem with version 5.30? Thanks in advance.
    My system is Celeron300@450, 128 MB RAM, Windows98SE, G400MAX.
    Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Take the matrox uninstaller. I gonna not give you the adress you are supposed to now it but when you gonna go to the drivers section you will di little lecture and you can go for the utilitery powerdesk unistaller should make it. If you don't find it say it I will give you the adress. Just have to do little exercise to find it . For a problem with 5.30. I use it and I have no problem.

------------------
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Download the "PowerDesk Uninstaller" from here, and run it:
      http://www.murc.ws/Utils.html

Directions can be found on Matrox's site.

When you install the new drivers, you will be asked if you want to install the "TurboGL" drivers. Because you have a Celeron, you do not, so make sure the box is unchecked.

In my experience, the PowerDesk 5.30 drivers are both faster and more stable than the drivers you are using. If you have benchmarked your board with the 5.11 drivers, you should see an almost shocking increase in performance with 5.30.

Good luck.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 23 November 1999).]

Comment

Hi Paulcs and Space7,

Thanks alot for your nice reply. I,ll try to do the process as you informed. By the way, would you please tell me how to play a DVD with this new driver? Again, thanks so much for your great support. Regards, Picard.
        Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Comment

Working...
        X