Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGP reverts to 1X, even with 2X forced????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP reverts to 1X, even with 2X forced????

I have this wierd problem...every once in a while, my system goes back to AGP 1X...even with the "Force 2X" checked in the tweak tab...
    I was playing around with my new Asus K7M mobo. and clocked the system to 105Mhz on the FSB...682 for my 650...anyway, while it ran 3D mark99 max fine, and Wintune 98...I noticed some of the results were SLOWER than the regular 650 (100 Mhz FSB speed- or whichever bus the RAM is on)...anyway, even though I always leave the "Force AGP 2X" box checked in the Tweak Tab, it went to 1X...anyone else have this happen, and anyone know Y???
    Thanks,
    Kelin

Ive heard that earlier versions of tweaker you are using didn't take into account that the registry settings may NOT be in 0000. If this is true of your system, maybe it is putting the registry settings in the wrong location, leaving the drivers to test the card at Win9x startup. Since you've overclocked the system, I would say there's a fairly good chance that sometimes it tests good for AGP2X, sometimes not.

Bill

Personally, I would say that if it boots to 2X sometimes, and 1X at other times, leave it at 1X. The reason is that sice it fails the 2X test sometimes, your system may not be stable at 2X. Err... at least that's what my conservative side would say. I guess I'd go ahead and be reckless and live with the occasional crash.

------------------
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Working...
    X