Abit BX6-2 + MAX + Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit BX6-2 + MAX + Live

I know this problem has been discussed several times, but I began to encounter this problem after a fresh reinstallation of my system.
    When I play Quake3 Demo Test with SB Live! value, it hangs occationally. Without Live, it runs flawlessly (except the bug has been reported as crash during loading texture).
    Is there any one having the same configuration as mine? Please provide suggestion and cards arrangement for this problem or I will be playing sounds with my old SB32 ISA.....@_@

Celeron 300A @ 450, Abit BX6 2.0, G400 MAX, 2x64MB SDRAM, SB Live! Value (now SB32 is used), SMC ISA Ethernet card
    I want the T&L in my G400!

Hi there,

I'm using virtually the same setup but with a PIII450 and a 3com etherlinkIII PCI busmaster. All works fine. Any chance you could post the IRQs and what slot positions you've got the cards in?

I've had a few other thoughts! :-) Are your memory sticks 100 or 66 Mhz? IF they are 66 that wont help, also have you tried it with one DIMM fitted at a time?

Cheers,

George

[This message has been edited by George (edited 22 November 1999).]
    Abit BX6r2
    Pentium III 450
    128 SDRAM (non ECC)
    13GB WD HD
    SB Live Value liveware3
    EtherLink III NIC

Comment

I have a PII @ 515Mhz, 2x64Mbs, An Abit BX6 r2 and a SB Live! too - no problems at all.
      An IRQ list would help. Make sure the SB Live is not next to the G400. If the G400 is sharing its IRQ, sort that out first, otherwise, if it's on its own, try Liveware 3.0

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

Working...
      X