tv tuner card suggestion for G400 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv tuner card suggestion for G400 please

any suggestion/experience is appreciated!

Although I'm still using a g200, I have an AIMS Video Highway Extreme which works very well. I've also been told that the new haupage cards are good.

A different possibility however, is the new USB tv tuners. Keeps a pci slot free. I don't know how good they are but they do sound interesting.

------------------
    P3-450, Abit Bx6r2, 128meg pc100, Quantum Fireball 12, Quantum Fireball 4.3, g200-8meg,
    Monster V2 16meg, SB Live value, HP CDRW 8200, Creative Labs 5xDVD, DxR3, D-link Nic,
    ADSL(e)modem, Aims VHE Tv tuner.

[This message has been edited by onbelay (edited 19 November 1999).]
    P3-450, Abit Bx6r2, 128meg pc100, Quantum Fireball 12, Quantum Fireball 4.3, g200-8meg,
    Monster V2 16meg, SB Live value, HP CDRW 8200, Creative Labs 5xDVD, DxR3, D-link Nic,
    ADSL(e)modem, Aims VHE Tv tuner.

Comment

I use the Hauppage TV tuner, check out www.hauppage.com
      Its alright, but it depends if you want NICAM, SVHS, Dolby Surround etc...

Also, are you going to use a mounted TV aerial, or one from your roof?

Certain cards dont work too well with a mounted aerial.

Anyway, they card should run independantly of the graphics card - So changing to a G400 will make not a bit of difference

------------------
      Cheggers
      -------------------------
      System Spec:
      Its white, shiney and has a 32Mb G400 in it.
      What more do you need to know?

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

ps. i wouldn't pay more than £20!
        There not that good
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Just want to give more details, I have a Dazzle DVC (USB) so what I need is only a TV tuner card. Anyway, I'm using cable TV and how is the quality of the Hauppage TV tuner?

Thanks

Comment

Dont know much about "Dazzle DVC (USB)", but hauppage is alright. If you a using a strong signal, such as cable TV then you should be ok. Mine cost £15, the quality is ok, but i think i have ine of the lower end specs as it only has a mono output.
            I have never seen one to match TV quality, but for £15 who cares?

Comment

Many people (including me) have had problems getting the Hauppague cards working with a G400. Mine used to be ok with the G200, but locks the system, with vertical lines down thge screen as soon is I try to tune it. I haven't seen anyone solve this problem yet, but some have had it working ok. Mine is the wintv/pci (mono tv, teletext, stereo video).

Tony.

------------------
              Cheers

Tony
              FT.

Comment

I have the Avermedia TVPhone98, works very well with the G400, even in DirectX Overlay mode.

I had an AIMS VideoHighway Extreme before which also worked (the Avermedia card has more features and better software, though). I wouldn't recommend getting anything AIMS right now, as their web site has been quite dead for months (http://www.aimslab.com/). Did they go bankrupt, killed in an earthquake or what?

Comment

I have a Hauppauge WinTV Theater Card and it works very well with my G400MAX. This is the only TV Tuner I have owned so I dont know how it compares to others. The card cost me $160US. I use cable TV input and picture quality is excellent. It has Dolby Surround Sound, FM tuner, Remote control, Image capture up to 1600x1200, Video capture in AVI format. I have never had a problem with it in my system and im very happy with it.

Heres a page I found that might help you research TV tuners a little more. http://ruel.net/pc/tvtuner.htm

Hope you find one you like and if you have any questions about the card I have, I would be glad to answer them for you.

Mike D

P3 500, Abit BX6, G400MAX PD 5.30, 128mb, SBLive, WinTV Theater

Comment

I have a Lifeview FlyVideo 2 Tv-Tuner.

It worked using powerdesk 4.33 on my G100 and G400. but doesn't work with powerdesk versions higher than 4.33.

So I don't use my TV card anymore ;-(

It wasn't that good anyway. Loads of sound interference and shit.

Cost £50, what a waste of money!

DON'T Get One of these!

Comment

None of you guys even mentioned the G400's own TV tuner, built into the rainbow runner g-series....How does it work, and what is the quality like compared to othere out there??

Larry

Comment

Is anyone aware of any Digital TV cards in the pipeline?

Cheers

Le B

Comment

The information is great! I think I'll narrow down my choice down to Hauppauge WinTV Theater Card and the TV tuner from Matrox because my main concerns are quality and the compatibility with my G400.

Comment

The Hauppage works fine in Primary mode, but i cant get overlay to work.

Comment

Does the G400 support overlay? I thought this was the problem with the G400 and ATI's TV Wonder.

(By the way, I read this somewhere on USENET, so you can take it for what it's worth. I haven't seen it verified here. I don't want to spread disinformation.)

Paul
                              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
                              X