Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig Please : TV tuner and audio problem

Hello Haig,

I've got a RRG/I card for one month now and always problems with it.
    The first time I install it, it was fine, but the next day no tuner detect and noise on audio out. I can't get sound audio in for video capture too (only picture are very good quality).
    With the newest video tools and drivers (5.30), tuner is detect but I can't get any channel (I live in France) and sound is always noisy.
    I've try several Power Supply as recommended but it is always the same thing.
    What is the problem, help me please ...

Cheers

Design238,

"...sound is always noisy"
    From what source?

Could be a problem with the sound card settings. I'v seen the same problem if the audio levels are set too high. Check audio levels in Windows volume. Leave the volume control window open while you record to see if anything gets muted.

What sound card do you have?
    Do you have the latest drivers installed for the sound card?

Olliver
    All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Olliver,

My sound card is a SB PCI128. I've got the last driver for it.
      Sound is noisy at the RRG audio out. If I connect passive speaker at audio out, I hear only noise. If I connect audio out to SB line in, I get noise too.

It seems as if TV tuner and audio were not well initialized on the RRG.
      Why my tuner is not detected with 1.26 drivers and 1.20 video tools ?

Thanks

Comment

Hey,

Sounds like power supply to me. Have you tried any good power supplies? You are getting the exact same symptoms that I got until I put a good power supply in my system.

Seeya,

...David <optic@iname.com>

Comment

Hi David

Yes, I've tried several Power supplies but either all were wrong, either I don't know what.
          I know that my power supply is bad but the last I tried was quit good (good tension, good current, 0.5Amp on -5V and -12V), but is it sufficient. Could you give me a good powe supply reference ?

Many thanks

Comment

Design238,

Have you used the Matrox uninstaller to remove all drivers?
            Uninstall the VT Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs. Then run the the Matrox uninstall utility to remove the DD. http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/ftp_util2.htm

Now reinstall the latest drivers.

"SB PCI128"
            Make sure that there are no IRQ's being shared.

Olliver
            All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Hi Olliver,

first thank you for the time you take to respond to me ! :-)
              Yes I have used the powerdesk uninstaller given by Matrox to remove 5.30 drivers and the control panel remove utility to remove VT.
              One thing which appears strange : after desinstalling video drivers and rebooting, win98 detect PCI graphic card ; this seems normal and I cancel installation by this way as precognized by Matrox.
              BUT : for win98 there is no graphic card in my system, not even a standard VGA card. So, Matrox setup don't want to install drivers !!!
              The uninstaller utility don't replace Matrox drivers by standard VGA driver, it only delete entry of the Matrox graphic card.
              The only way I have to reinstall them is to let windows search drivers (I give the good path) at launch (use the .inf file) ; and it works. Maybe is it normal !! I've ask chris for this but no response at this time.

PS : g200 used IRQ 11 and SBPCI128 IRQ10. g200 doesn't share any IRQ with another device (except PCI steering but it's normal).

Design238

Comment

Hey,

I put several power supplies in my system, none of which worked.

I then bought a Leadman 400W power supply from here:
                http://www.leadman.com.tw/ATXPOWER.htm

The one I have is the last power supply on the page. My TV Tuner has not played up once since I installed it. It used to happen daily.

Good luck.

...David <optic@iname.com>

Comment

Design238,

It's ok when Windows detects a PCI card not to worry. Try this-change your display adapter to standard VGA and reboot with this setting. Then go to the display properties/Settings/Advanced/Adapter/Change and then follow the wizard. Select "Display a list..." next and "Have disk" When asked for the drivers simply point to the folder where you have downloaded them.
                  Another thing is to make sure that you have the latest vga bios installed. You will find it at http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/bios/home.htm and follow the provided instructions.

Now install the drivers for the RRG.
                  After the installation go to Matrox Display properties/Information and see if the TV Tuner {add-on} is in the list.

Also boot into safe mode and verify that there are no repeat listings in the device manager.

Olliver

Comment

Working...
                  X