Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysteriously reappearing problem with G400

Hi all!
    This problem I have encountered 1-2 months ago and I thought I had solved it. Well, I am not sure whether it is the same problem, but several things make me think that yes.

The mentioned time ago I tried (definitely several times) to reinstall drivers and even upgraded Matrox card BIOS. Finally it disappeard. But this time it persists.

The symptoms are:

Tech demo (supplied on Matrox CD) freezes after a while - sometimes along with sound, sometimes the sound goes on correctly, sometimes the result is completely corrupted screen. Always the only thing I can do is to reset the computer.

In Aliens vs Predator game menu, after a while of riding through it, corrupts (can still use it, can still read it), after exiting the program the screen is corrupted and (if I remember) computer hangs.

There are few others.

But other apps still work fine - NHL2kDemo (when not mentioning flickering horizontal lines (not connected to this problem) - BTW do you know how to remove them?), Unreal Tournament Demo, Windows98 itself etc.

I never (haven't even tried) overclocked either G400 or processor.

My config. is:
    Matrox G400 16MB SH
    Celeron 400MHz
    ASUS P3B-F
    128MB RAM
    SB Vibra 128
    HDD WD Expert 9,1GB

Thanks for any on-topic contribution.
    JLORDSEN

First try reseating the G400 see the pictures in DukeP's Thread.

If it still persists check your processor to see if it's properly seated and one more thing - If your 128MB Dimm is in the first slot- closest to the processor move it to the slot furthest from the processor.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
    X