Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think twice about using Matrox Online Store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think twice about using Matrox Online Store!

I made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing a G400 Max from Matrox's online store. Now that I need to return it, they seem to be unreachable. I called during the week--their systems were down, "call again". I finally get through, but this time I have to leave a message. Has anyone returned my call? NO! I've sent email...any respone? NO!

Fortunately for Gold American Express card members, they have a buyer protection plan where I'll be able to return it to them. Having to resort to using this, however, is pathetic and shows that everything I've heard about Matrox's poor customer service is true. What was I thinking?

Matrox's decision to use their online store as the major product source for consumers seems pretty stupid if they can't even handle something as simple as responding to a request for an RMA number.

TAKE IT TO THE SOAPBOX FORUM

This forum is not for complaints, ranting and whining. This is the tech forum.

The Soapbox forum was put there for just this sort of ranting. Use it.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

And besides taking this to the soapbox forum, RMAs are handled through tech support. But if you are having a problem you could ask here first for help.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

On the contrary... this is the Matrox Hardware forum.
        While his response was perhaps a little bit emotional, it's the kind of information that Matrox customers should really see. They may make awesome cards, but their apparantly increasing defunctness in marketing/manufacturing should really worry some people.
        Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

Hate to take the otherside
          but Matrox store was nothing but amazing for me..
          i had my marvel a week after release delivered within 48 working hours of ordering. (fri night about 11pm, came tue morning)
          in comparisonm i ordered a MAX from Insight.com when i cancelled it they took 6Weeks to refund my money onto my card
          im still not a hundred percent that its done now, ill have to check
          so it does work sometimes...
          Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Gee Kruzin, since this is my first time using the forum, I guess it's not ok that I mistakenly put my comments in the "tech forum". I only wish I could be perferct like you. I'm sure kindly letting someone know that there is a Soapbox Forum is above you.

Comment

is it me or has he got the hump?
              1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
              Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
              Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

I also had a good experience with the Mat Online Sto...
                I kept checking them until they had the G400MAxs in stock (ths is was a few months ago...and, from day to day, they didn't have them, didn't have them, had them)...and I jumped on it the first day they showed them instock...
                Anyway, I gave my boss the cash, since, after my divorce, I don't have ANY more credit cardz (how do I survive, you ask...that's another story) and received my card a few days later...would have been in two days, but UPS screwed up and my max ended up in michigan instead of ohio...
                As I said, not a problem...BUT....I also have had no problems with my card (other than getting a bit pissy when it looked like they would renig on releasing the TurboGl and 5.30 PD on time!!!).
                Kelin
                pri sys(98)
                K7 650 on K7M
                256 Megs Enhanced HSDRAM PC133
                Adaptec 2940U2W
                Quantum Atlas 10K 160M/s(Ultra -3???)
                IBM Ultrastar UW
                G400Max
                Aureal Vortex 2 SQ
                3Com NIC

Sec Sys(NT, Linux, and 98)
                P3 450 on Soyo BA6 +III
                128Megs CAS-2 PC100
                2 UDMa (1 /66 and 1/33)
                TNT
                2 V2s
                Creative Ensonic
                3Com NIC

Comment

Continu in this mood and I garanty that Ant will trow up this tread in soap box.
                  My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                  --------------
                  I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                  (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                  Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

There was nobody at home at the Matrox store when I tried several times to contact them by phone and email six weeks ago to buy a G400 Max. This puzzled me since my experience three years ago (pre-internet) with Matrox was great. I always got a real person on the line immediately who helped me.

You may not like what the original post said, but his point is correct from my experience. I finally got a G400 promptly when I ordered it online, but there was no help to answer questions before or after the purchase.

I think that is a shame and troublesome for those of us who have considered Matrox to be a beacon of quality and dependablility in the computer business.

If this forum did not exist to help, I would have returned my card. I like the G400 Max, but I will be checking the support situation closely before I buy another Matrox product.

Comment

MrBig, I recognize that you have a real problem, and your anger may be quite justified (although anyone, even a big company like Matrox, sometimes has system problems just like you do, which prevent them from meeting their Customer Service Responsibilities). That would ordinarily incline me to leinence.

Then you opened your big fat mouth:
                      Gee Kruzin, since this is my first time using the forum, I guess it's not ok that I mistakenly put my comments in the "tech forum". I only wish I could be perferct like you. I'm sure kindly letting someone know that there is a Soapbox Forum is above you.
                      Come on over to the Soap Box if you like-- Kruzin was right, it certainly is more appropriate than the Hardware forum for such complaints-- but if you continue to behave in such a rude, surly and insulting manner, I can assure you that you won't be there very long at all. Maybe you can see if they'll help you over in the Shark Tank.

----------------
                      Holly
                      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
                      X