X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Daughterboard 4 G200 Marvel

G'day people,

I'm looking at getting the DVD Daughterboard
    addon for my G200 Marvel. I've contacted my usual suppliers over here in Australia, no luck..

Any Ideas... best place to buy from the net maybe?

Thanx in advance

Darren

Don't do it.

That add-on was made by Zoran, who have elected not to support it. The only software that works with the DVD add-on is the Zoran DVD player. That DVD player software does not work with 5.xx series drivers (won't even install).

A patch has been promised for some time, but who knows if Zoran will actually ever put it out...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanx for prompt reply Kruzin...

so... What are people with the G200 Marvel doing for DVD Hardware support...

I was kinda looking forward to the AC3 output & all..

I did find the Zoran Software that came with the Marvel didn't like my Sony DVD Drive... however both PowerDVD and WinDVD work fine, just get jumpy in heavy actions scenes..

All becomming a little disappointing realy.

I'll keep researchin..

Darren

Comment

Kruzin,

I believe Matrox sold the DVD module under the Matrox banner, and only the chips were Zorans. Thats the way it was packaged when I bought it.
        I believe Matrox are just as much to blame for 'lack of support' as Zoran are.....

Remember, Matrox release the 5.xx drivers which do no support the DVD Module.

I managed to get the DVD h/w working with 5.25, but only by hacking......

[This message has been edited by cods (edited 16 November 1999).]
        "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

I've just got hold of a DVD add on card. My question is should it output the mpegs through the breakout box of my Marvel G200 like the MJPEG does? The only way I can get if to display on my TV is to select TV output in powerdesk and set Zoran SoftDVD to full screen. I could do this before I fitted the card!
          My intention was to capture and edit video in MJPEG and then encode to MPG or MPEG2 for storage so I could play them back full screen at a later date. Please, Please help.

AMD K62-450
          128Mb SDRAM
          Marvel G200 8Mb w/DVD Daughter card
          Windows 98
          Powerdesk 5.15.022

Comment

Beamon:

You'll find a lot more help over on the video editing forum.

Can't help you with your questions, although I'm glad to hear someone else has one of these card (sorta) working.

Stick with it!
            Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
            CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
            Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
            X