K6-300 + G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K6-300 + G400MAX

My MAX, while looking great, runs things pretty slowly. I assume that when I get a Athlon 600 it will make a much bigger difference, right? Speaking of Athlons, does anybody have a suggestion as to which board I should get? Thanks
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Take a look at http://www.anandtech.com/html/articl...?document=1079

My choice *now* would be the Asus K7M. But I would wait for the new VIA K7 Chipset, with AGPx4 suport, to be launched.

Comment

You should see a hell of a noticeable difference when you go to the Athlon.

The number one choice at this time seems to be the MSI(?) board with the Asus being next. Stay away from the FIC board at this time. Even though some do have it working I hear it is more trouble than it's worth.

I also agree with Nuno that if you can, wait a little while longer. The boards to be released later this year will contain features that the new breed of video cards will be able to take advantage of. If your motherboard can handle it why not buy a K6-2/500. They are only about $90 at this time.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
      X