Turbo GL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo GL Question

From what I understood, the Matrox drivers detect if you have a P3 or Athlon to use the TurboGL. If I have a Celeron now and upgrade to a P3, do I have to reinstall the drivers or will it get detected auto?

Thanks

You'd have to reinstall the drivers. As a personal choice I'd reinstall everything...

Comment

It's that "processors are not plug-n-play" thing.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Or you can do what I did - dig through the posts here, find the true name of the TurboGL driver, and simply put it in the appropriate dir of your game.

Some games, like HL, use a config file to point the game at the right driver. I just added the driver in with the name G400 Turbo and pointed it at the right driver.

Other games, like Q3A, seem to find it if it goes in the main game dir with the name OpenGL32.dll.

Just my $0.02
        The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
        The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
        The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

I wouldn't reinstall everything -- assuming the processor is all that you're changing. If you're also changing motherboards, I'd reinstall most everything.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

uhm, i have problems with the TurboGL when running HalfLife, i've added it in the GLDRV directory and installed it.
            Then i run HalfLife and choose OpenGL, G400 OpenGL and select 800x600 and try to start HalfLife but then i get the error "the selected resolution is not supported by ur videodriver" or some similar error....
            i've read some replies and i see that IceStorm has his G400 up and running HL...
            can some help me??

i have a G400 dual 32mb with 5.30 drivers and the TurboGL drivers
            other specs:
            Celeron 433@541
            Asus P3B-F
            64 mb RAM
            Windows 98 SE

tnx

Comment

Working...
            X