Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hope? Set 2x AGP in G400Tweak, but PCI List still shows 1x!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hope? Set 2x AGP in G400Tweak, but PCI List still shows 1x!

I have a Micron with a SE440BX-2 Intel Mobo at work, and BP6 at home. I have tried out a G400 OEM DH 32MB in my Micron at work and my system at home. In my ABIT BP6 at home, the board shows 2x in PCI List. In the Micron, it shows as only 1x. I have the aperature set to 256MB on both systems.

I am running at 100MHz FSB on both systems. I tried the G400Tweak on the Micron, and forced 2x, but a quick benchmark show no difference, and PCI List still shows 1x. Is there anything else I can try?

thanks...
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Are you using the latest version of G400tweak? Earlier versions assumed the proper location of the registry keys as 0000, while the newer version will find the correct keys (sometimes 0001, 0002...)

You could also try the registry hacks from murc's download page...but those also assume 0000 as the proper location for the keys. You will really need to get into registry editor and find out for yourself where your keys are located. Download the reg hacks, and look at them to find the right area in the registry to search...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin,

I am using the G400Tweak from MURC, got it two days ago. I will check the registry next time I boot W '95.

Speaking of NT, does anyone know what NT 4.0 WS's compatibility is with AGP 1x or 2x. Does NT "care?"
      Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

OK. I have tried everything I can figure out in the registry by using the PD5 registry hacks file. I use the Force 2x registry entry and it still shows as 1x.

Could PCIList be wrong?

This is an Intel SE440BX-2 board! I would expect an Intel board to run under 2x. My Post in the Intel newsgroup has gone unanswered. As I said before, this same card runs 2x without any registry tweaks on my ABIT BP6 at home.

So, to prepare for a non-solution, should I worry about being in 1x?

Thanks as always...

Comment

The AGPflags switch does not always seem to work. On a VIA Apollo Pro 4X board, the default configuration in SE was:

mobo support: 1x, 2x, 4x
          G400 support: 1x, 2x
          AGPflags: -1
          active: 1x

The AGPflags switch had no effect until I installed VIA's latest GART manager, after which:

G400 support: 1x, 2x
          AGPflags: -1
          active: 2x

I found this odd because with a Diamond S540, the default configuration in SE was:

S540 support: 1x, 2x, 4x
          active: 4x

No problems at all, but as soon as I installed the VIA GART, the system hung as soon as the desktop appeared (when the display driver loaded)...

Comment

Working...
          X