K7m and G400 dual 32Mb bad or? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K7m and G400 dual 32Mb bad or? Please help

Hi I just got my K7M and everything worked fine until I installed the Matrox drivers in Windows 98. Then it completely locks up when loading Windows. I then tried my STB Velocity 4400 TnT card and that works fine.
    Well what I'm wondering about is if it is my PS because it is only 250W, maybe I need a 300W one. My PS has a +5v max out of 25A.
    Any Thought?
    Thanks
    Joe
    Joe Lianes

Hi jlianes!

it seems to me that there is nothing wrong with your p/s. If you are able to boot to windows without drivers installed (you said problems started when you installed Matrox drivers) then everything is OK with your power supply. Could it be that you had that TNT card installed before you put in your G400, and you haven't deinstalled it's drivers properly? Also you could give us more detailed specifications of what you've got in your machine, and how is everything setup...
    Hope I can help you :-)

------------------
    Just my humble opinion...

Specs--=>

PII 300@450 Mhz SL2W8
    ABIT BH6 rev1.63
    64 Mb PC133 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8Mb
    HDD 4,3 Gb WDCaviar U/ATA66
    HDD 1,6 Gb WDCaviar U/DMA33
    Yamaha Waveforce 192XG
    TEAC 32X ATAPI CDROM
    MITSUMI 4X ATAPI CDROM
    17" Macom S82
    HP Laserjet 5L
    Scanner, and loads of other stuff ;-)

Comment

I thought the minimum spec for all AMD approved power supplies was 300 watts.

This is not to say your problem is your power supply. There must be a hundred potential reasons for getting lockups in games.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

jlianes, go here to check if yours is in the current list of AMD approved supplies.
        Personally I didn't like the K7M mb. It's to narrow (won't accept any real HS/Fan) and I had an unflashable BIOS. The BIOS also wouldn't read the cpu speed above 800 correctly.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X