GOOD IDEA TO OVERCLOCK G400 MAX???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD IDEA TO OVERCLOCK G400 MAX???

Anyone have any ideas or opinions on whether or not I should overclokck my G400 MAX?
    I know that the G400 MAX is supposed to have the best chips that Matrox makes, and then Matrox just clocks them a little higher than the rest. Does this mean taht I shouldn't try to clock it even higher?

Abit BX6 V2
    Celeron 366A @ 500 2.1V
    32m pc66, 32mpc100
    G400 MAX
    Pioneer DVD-113
    Quantum KA 13.6G
    Monster MX300
    Cardinal V90 56K
    USB MouseMan Wheel +
    SMC USB to Ethernet converter
    Zip Plus 100
    Microsoft 900 Mhz Phone

3dMark 4116
    CPU 3dmark 4968

jonng I have only a G400. It's true that the max is less overclockable than the non-max version. Having alredy a fan. Try to poot heatsink in the memory.

[This message has been edited by space7 (edited 19 November 1999).]
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Jonng, get MGATweak and push the MAX to the limit. =) You can o'c MAX, but not as far as you can o'c normal G400..( in % )

My MAX is at 170/212 and works without any errors. I could get it higher, but when i push it, pic in Q3 or D3D shows some textures wrong or some spots glows. My max was fine in OpenGL in 175/217 or something like that, but D3d wasnt so i o'c to 170/212.. havent got the time to try every setting possible, this is enough. =)

Pe-Te

Comment

Wow Pete, now that I know someone esle has done it, I'll try and see how high I can clock it. Did you add cooling fans? Does temp get very high if you oc?

Comment

I run my MAX at about 166/222 or 170/225 depending. But i only use this when playing games. In windows i run default. I have a Card Cooler in my system and it keeps the heat down.

------------------
          </list>
          PIII 450 @ 464
          generic BX6 motherboard
          G400 MAX : )
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
          Creative 36x CD-ROM
          HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
          64 megs PC100 RAM
          Intel 10/100
          Soundblaster 32 AWE
          DiamondMAX 56k
          Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
          4 large fans.

Comment

Jonng what Dyre is dowing is a good idea. Dont let your card ov... when you dont need it.

------------------
            My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
            --------------
            Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Osho
            --------------

Comment

Using Powerstrip, I was able to overclock my MAX to 240 MHz. Actually, it would run at 250, but not stable with 3 d games.

I don't normally oc my MAX. Don't need it. I save the oc for occasional needs.
              ------------------
              Win98SE, 600 PIII @672 MHz (@2.40 V) w/Alpha P3-125 heatsink/fan, ABIT BX6-2 MB, 128 MB Siemens PC100 SDRAM, G400 MAX, Diamond V2 SLI, Diamond MX300 with Senheiser HD-600 headphones and Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, CL Dxr3 Decoder, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WDE 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, modified Supermicro SC750A case with PCP&C Silencer 275W PS, and a partridge in a pear tree.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 20 November 1999).]

Comment

Working...
              X