G400MAX, DVDMax & One Really Stupid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX, DVDMax & One Really Stupid Question

Okay. I just got my G400MAX (and WOW... what a board - quite a step up from my G200, even on my "lowly" P2450) and I think I must not be doing something right with regards to DVD playback on my TV.

So, to spare myself direct ridicule, I'm just going to ask outright: what exact steps and settings do I have to do/set to get DVD playback going on the TV?

And yes, I have the necessary hardware.

Thanks in advance!

- Excalibur

------------------
    PII-450MHz @ 450MHz, Giga-Byte GA-6BXE MoBo (v3.3 BIOS), 128MB PC100 ECC RAM, MGA G400 MAX AGP 32MB; not overclocked; PD 5.30 / BIOS v1.5 - 22, SB-AWE64 Gold, Windows 98SE, DX6.1 and lots of other goodies that would just be showing off to list.
    PIII-866MHz @ 866MHz, ASUS CUSL2 MoBo (v1002a BIOS), 256MB (Mushkin)PC133 CAS2 RAM, MGA G400 MAX AGP 32MB; not overclocked; PD 6.14 / BIOS v1.6 - 25, SBLive! 5.1, Windows 98SE, DX7.0a and lots of other goodies that would just be showing off to list.

I thought it was just a case of connecting everything up and hiting DVDMax?

Have you tried looking at the online documentation. They are usually okish.

sorry

------------------
    Cheggers
    -------------------------
    System Spec:
    Its white, shiney and has a 32Mb G400 in it.
    What more do you need to know?

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Cheggers -

Yeah, so did I. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work quite that easily. All the connections are right, DualHead appears to work properly otherwise. Setting it to DVDMax and playing a DVD doesn't do it - sure, I get the right DVD windows and controls and such in my primary display, but that's it. Can't even move them to the secondary (TV) display. Not sure what it is I'm not doing...

RE: online docs, yeah - I've looked, and found nothing useful. It seems to make some assumptions regarding what settings to make sure are set, but it otherwise seems to me like it should be relatively obvious and just sorta work. But apparently, it's not quite that simple.

Anyone else?

Thanks again,

- Excalibur

------------------
      PII-450MHz @ 450MHz, Giga-Byte GA-6BXE MoBo (v3.3 BIOS), 128MB PC100 ECC RAM, MGA G400 MAX AGP 32MB; not overclocked; PD 5.30 / BIOS v1.5 - 22, SB-AWE64 Gold, Windows 98SE, DX6.1 and lots of other goodies that would just be showing off to list.
      PIII-866MHz @ 866MHz, ASUS CUSL2 MoBo (v1002a BIOS), 256MB (Mushkin)PC133 CAS2 RAM, MGA G400 MAX AGP 32MB; not overclocked; PD 6.14 / BIOS v1.6 - 25, SBLive! 5.1, Windows 98SE, DX7.0a and lots of other goodies that would just be showing off to list.

Comment

I'm not at my computer right now, but there are two obvious things to check.

Is the TV hooked up correctly and monitoring the input you're using?

I seem to remember there is an output selection in the display control panel for output characteristics. Make sure that's set correctly.

Also, in a more general line, did you completely uninstall all software related to your previous video card before you installed your MAX?

Comment

Working...
        X