HELP! no tv-out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! no tv-out?

Hi! I would realy need some help to get my g400-max work together with my tv set. I cant get any picture on the TV, that is my problem. I have a scart interface on my TV and a scart adapter. On the scart adapter i have line-out for s-video, sound and RCA (?). I also have a RCA cable runnin from the adapter to the cable that came with the card. When I try to switch mode (in windows 98) to "clone" or "dvdmax" nothing happens on the TV. WHY? Can anybode help me. I would realy like this to work. I have also tried with another card (Viper 550, TNT)with the same result. Can it be some problems with the power or the powersupply? Can it be the motherboard (AOPEN AX6BC)? Is it my TV? I would be VERY happy if someone of you guys with lots of knowledge could help me with this problm.

------------------
    ...JvD
    ...JvD

Hi JvD

The 1st question is - How old is your TV?. In order for TV out to work, your TV must recognise the standard sub-carrier frequency of 4.43Mhz. If its quite new i.e. a few years old then you should be okay.

Otherwise search the forum archives for 'SCART' as there has been some handy references that you can use to ensure the connections on your SCART are okay.

Hope this helps, Good luck.

------------------
    Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.
    Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.

Comment

I have a SCART-adapter --- s-video cable to my MAX.

First of all, DVDMax doesnt send a picture to the TV unless you'r watching DVD:s, so when trying use Clone or Multidisplay.

Q1: Have you turned your tv to right channel, E1 or E2 ? =) ( E1 is just the name of the SCART-1 video in-channel in Nokia TV:s ) Matrox card doesnt override the normal channel selection like most VCR's do. =)

In my adapter, there is a switch for input or output, maybe thats in wrong position.

Pe-Te

Comment

Hi. You say you have line out on your SCART... You should have line in. It seems to me that your particular SCART plug is really for line out, different pins are used for Line in.

Another possibility is --- you say you have an RCA cable from your SCART to the G400. That would imply that it is connected to the composite video output of the G400. Again, different pins for S-video and Composite. Can you see the picture if you set both your TV and your G400 for composite video signal?

M.

------------------
        Athlon500/MSI6167/64M(!)/10GIBM/6GSamsung/1GSCSI IBM/AHA2940/CL2xDVD/FastMM2+MJPEG/HPPSScanner/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/ZIP100SCSI/Mitsumi2xCD-R/Samsung17GL/MX300/AKA Electric Classic
        year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Hi!
          Thanks Nigel for the search tip. There were a lot of articles. I dont think they will help me. Looked like all of them at least get a picture on the TV but i dont get one at all. My TV is about 6 years old.
          PeTe, thanks for you tip but i have tried all those options.
          For you all....today (or tomorrow) I will try it with a bran new tv. I will also try hooking my g400-max into someone elses computer and see i THAT works. I´ll keep trying. I hope you computer PI´s can help me more...

------------------
          ...JvD
          ...JvD

Comment

Working...
          X