Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and 3Dstudio max R3

Hello everybody!

I have a G400 card and is working in 3Ds max R3, I'm running NT 4.0 SR3 but I must say that the OpenGL drivers can't be ths bad?!?

I have seriously considered buying a 3Dlabs Oxygen VX1 instead (Yes it's true brothers and sisters i'm going to take my G400 back to the store!)well, maybe any way!

Does anybody know how i can get some more Oogle (OpenGL) out of my card?!? im running the latest drivers 4.31. Are there any tweaks i can use? Is there anything at all i can do?!?

Appreciate any comments on the Oxygens performance in D3D, some of my applications uses this (These are Win98 applications I run a dual boot system)

------------------
    "Things are only impossible until they are done"

From the looks of other posts here...NT OGL performance (with a g400) is poor and looks to stay that way. My little brother does a lot of work with Studio R3 and Studio VIZ. He has been using a Permedia 2 card up till now, and has spent quite a bit of time researching a new card. In a nutshell, the VX1 isn't what it's cracked up to be. A TnT2 Ultra squeaks by it on benchmarks, and a GeForce walks all over it. Last month's Cadalyst mag reviewed a bunch of 3d cards, and the Diamond TnT ultra took top honors, over the VX1.
    Somewhere on Kinetix' site (www.ktx.com) is a comparision of a whole bunch of cards. I can't find it right now, but if I do I'll post it.

Disclaimer: Most of the above is second hand, some of it from websites that focus on other graphics cards (gasp!). It may not be 100% accuate, or in fact, even remotely based on reality. Let the buyer beware...

DS

[This message has been edited by DarkSyd (edited 18 November 1999).]
    Games Box
    --------------
    Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
    ------
    Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
    -------------
    Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
    X