Matrox Product Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Product Announcement

Well I don't know about all of you, but I'm waiting. So far my next dollar is going to nVidia (3dfx didn't do all that, and s3 well lets not even go there).

Does anyone know what the plans are (or care to speculate), or when they plan on announcing something?

Rick

GDC in march 2000

Comment

Im thinking about, brace yourselfs now, the New ATI!!!!!!!!!!

its called the MAXX. lol
      but it has 2 proccessor and 64 megs ram..
      for less than a GeForce SDR. Very nice, should be out right after christmas. Some hardware sites are already previewing /reviewing them. im happy

------------------
      </list>
      PIII 450 @ 464
      generic BX6 motherboard
      G400 MAX : )
      Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
      Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
      Creative 36x CD-ROM
      HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
      64 megs PC100 RAM
      Intel 10/100
      Soundblaster 32 AWE
      DiamondMAX 56k
      Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
      4 large fans.

Comment

Why sould Matrox announce something??
        Correct me if i'm wrong but the new 3Dfx card
        is not out yet for the next 5 MONTHS!!!!!
        3dfx reminds me a lot of Nintendo that ALWAYS give to the public announcements about their products 2 years before the real release date(recently example the Dolphin console).
        By the way this Voodoo 4 and 5 as i can see has still a 16bit dipslay hahahahahah the announcement DOEN'T say anything about 32bit display in 3d .hahahahahahahaahahahahhahahaha
        Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Oupsss..wrong statement about the 32bit support....i was reading "the register"...
          Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

The problem with all of the new cards is that nothing supports them yet, software wise. I am holding onto my G400max and will check back at the end of next year (2000). If by then there are several good games I want to get that support the new features of these new cards (like t&l) then I will bite. Until then, I am sitting pretty

Comment

Voodoo 4 and 5 = 24bit z-buffer
              March 2000?
              Hahahahahahaha

S3? -"We have met with S3 this afternoon, and nobody ever mentioned that T&L would not be included. The drivers supporting hardware T&L might not be ready at the time you bring your board home, but a quick update will follow soon. We will talk to S3 about this issue tomorrow and get a clarification on it."

OH OK, it'll work someday, that's OK, here's my money.
              . -Somebody Born Yesterday

Mark F.

------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Is there any way to indent?

[This message has been edited by Mark F (edited 17 November 1999).]
              Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
              --------------------------------------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
              and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
              X