Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 MAX Dualhead TV-OUT Display Problems (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX Dualhead TV-OUT Display Problems (2)

I have a few problems with the G400 Max Dualhead and TV Out.

Problem 1: My Sony Wega XBR 32" won't switch into anamorphic vertical compression mode when playing an anamorphic DVD. If the Sony set detects an anamorphic signal in the video stream, it should automatically vertically compress the video, increasing the resolution by ~33%. I should be able to set DVDMax to 16:9 output, and my tv should then automatically compress the video. What is happening is that the picture is just staying vertically stretched. Setting the output of DVDMax to 4:3 works but the 16:9 picture quality is WAY worse than if the vertical compression mode of my Wega XBR was active. DVDMax must be somehow stripping out whatever causes the TV to automatically go into anamorphic vertical compression mode. Does anyone know anything about this?

I want to be able to set DVDMAX to 16:9 mode, play the dvd and have my TV's anamorphic vertical compression mode work. The DVD I'm using to test is the anamorphic 16:9 version of The Matrix.

Problem 2: In any resolutin and colour depth other than 640x480 (not including DVDMAX output) I get strange picture anomalies (interference) in the form of approx 1 inch wide and a pixel or so high, horizonal lines. I have a $50 SVHS cable and I've tried the composite connector, with both exhibiting the same behavior. For example:
    I'm in 1024x768x32 and I turn on Dualhead clone. The picture will not fill the screen by default and the interference will look like this:
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ____
    --- --- --- --- ----
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ____
    --- --- --- --- ----

This will be throughout the entire picture. It is a uniform pattern of closely overlayed bright and dark horizonal lines about an inch each in length. If I use the Monitor configuration adjustment from display properties to resize the screen so the picture fills the entire TV, this artifacting orients itself diagonally instead of a uniform vertical pattern such as:
    ____ ____ _____ ____
    ____ _____ _____ ____
    ---- ----- ---- -----
    ---- ----- ----- -----

from a distance, this looks like diagonal bands accross the entire display

I have removed everything that could be causing this interference from my computer, and because of the uniform nature of this interference when the picture has not been resized, through composite or svhs...I think it is something wrong with the video card. This interference is not visible in DVD MAX mode, or 640x480.

Any Ideas?

- Bret
Working...
X