G400 screen blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 screen blinks

I have had this OEM G400 32MB DH for a few weeks, and am generally pleased with its performance.

One thing that really irritates me is that after the system has been on for a few minutes, the screen will 'blink' at random, i.e. i will lose the picture and get a blank screen for <1 second and then I will get the normal picture again.

I have tried numerous things to fix this, but nothing seems to work. I have all the latest BIOS's and drivers. I have shuffled cards around to make sure the G400 has an IRQ all to itself (it always has). System temperature is steady at about 32C - could heat be a problem? I bought a fan to strap to the heatsink but it was too thick - actually made things worse I think.

Has anyone dealt with this? This behavior is extremely irritating.

-Will

I had that when I was running a non-plug and play monitor out of it's specified refresh rate, you might want to back down the refresh rate a bit.

Rags

Comment

That must be what it is... I run 1152x864 @ 75Hz.. the plug and play spec cuts off at 1024x768 @ 60Hz which I refuse to use.

Thanks, I had not considered this at all. Just one more reason why i need a new monitor :P.

-Will

Comment

Working...
      X