Matrox DVD-anybody help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox DVD-anybody help me?

Um , does anyone know how i can get rif of this?

</img src>

Thanks, Qeteb.
    Hey, this is a neat place where i can write private stuff, right?

Good, then i would like to say........ Hi mom!!!!

Oh, by the way i'm using the Matrox DVD intalled off the CD and updated with the Elsa PLayer 1.5.0.1117 and the Cinemaster Engine 2.036.6158

thanks, qeteb.
    Hey, this is a neat place where i can write private stuff, right?

Good, then i would like to say........ Hi mom!!!!

Comment

Do a word search on this forum using the term "kernel" and you'll find several threads. Courage--there is an answer, you are not alone.
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

This problem generally happens when you update the version of the DVD player you have without rebooting e.g. like upgrading to the Elsa version. Try re-installing the Matrox version, reboot and all should be fine. I think you'll find the Matrox version of DVD player works better (ability to iconise window without causing playback problems on DVDMAX). Why did you change to the Elsa player?
        Abit BX6r2
        Pentium III 450
        128 SDRAM (non ECC)
        13GB WD HD
        SB Live Value liveware3
        EtherLink III NIC

Comment

i got this message when i tried to update the dvd engine and then run it with the matrox dvd player. It didn't work either. It sems that the matrox interface doesn't support the laters cinemaster engines. o to www.dvdutils.com and you'll find a load of other interfaces that will work lovely with the matrox however for quality of playback there will be none better than the matrox as it already uses the best software decoder available albeit an earlier version. i did see another companies interface that was exactly the same as the matrox but it didn't have the logo and used the later engine.
          1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
          Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
          Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

I'm using the newest version of the Cinemaster Decoding files 2.0.36.6145 and the original player off the Matrox CD with no problems at all.

It says Resource Version is 1.5.22.1105 and Executable Version is 1.5.00.1113

Single L-click the icon in the top left of the movie window title bar and goto the About screen to get this (if you didn't know and you can actually get that far.)

How did you update the Cinemaster files? All you need to do is dump them into \windows\system overwriting the files already there.

------------------
            Win98 SE w/DirectX 7
            P2 333@400
            ASUS P2B Bios 1010
            Mill G400 PD5.30
            Bios 1.5
            SB PCI64 4.5
            Pioneer 10X DVD 1.24

[This message has been edited by Falken (edited 13 November 1999).]

Comment

Anyone manage to get 5.1 decoding with a cinemaster player and an MX300? SBLive!? The Matrox player doesn't do it, and upgrading the engine just doesn't work past a certain version for me. Without quad sound, it is useless to me, the point of DVDs for me is theatre like sound. WinDVD does a good job but taxes the cpu too much.

PS. I have already mentioned this to Haig and he suggests that the Matrox player should be able to do quad and if it doesn't it's a bug. The readme says that if the DVD uses extended MPEG-2 audio (as opposed to..?)then it defaults to stereo at a reduced volume. There is a possible update in the works though.

Comment

Working...
              X