EXPENDABLE PROBS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXPENDABLE PROBS !

I have been having problems getting expendable to work,has anyone got any answers please.

Regards Matt {:O)

Gotta know more.
    What does it do?
    Lock up the system?
    Drop you back to the desktop?
    Do you get to the menus, or into the actual game?
    What are your system specs?

Only thing I can say in general for this game is to turn up the AGP aperture size. Some people have found setting this to 128 or 256 helps this game.

There are also some tricks you can do to the config.txt file for the game, but I am not really familiar with those...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ok basically I get through all the menu's and just as you think the game is going to start it throws you back into you desktop.

My system specs are as follows:-

P3 450 clocked to 630mhz (140 fsb)
      Abit be6 mobo
      128 mb pc 100 sdram
      G400 MAX o\c(mem clock 213.8)(graf clock 160)
      sound blaster live value
      diamond super express 56 pro modem
      17.3 gb fujitsu udma 66
      Pioneer 10x dvd
      21"sony monitor

I know what your thinking I must be mad but every thing runs stable at these setting.

I tried to run the expendable demo before I tweaked up to where I am now (it didn't work then and it still dont work now)

my agp is running at x1 and my agp apeture size is 128

need any more info just ask oh and at the moment I am still using win 95 but I cannot see that it would be the problem

Comment

Tell ya right now...its the SB Live!!! I ended up taking mine out (and selling it to a much LESS knowledgable buddy, but for a GUD price!!!) and got the Aureal Vortex 2 Super quad!!! I figured out what was causing the soundlockups while trying to get the K7 600 to work...had all the PCi cards, but my Adaptec U2W out, and Expendable worked FINE!!!
        When I changed to the Aureal, it still is fine!!!
        So, I MUST assume that it has something to do with the SB Live...Also, I have had other compatability probs with the Live...
        I would definetly recommend going to an Aureal based (Vortex 2) card...The A3D seems much more supported by games than Creative's EAX...only reason I would go for the SB Live over the Vortex 2 is if I were doing some music type stuff...then, as far as I know, the Live would shine!!!
        Anyway, try taking the Live out and run Expendable again...Bet it workz!!!
        Kelin
        Pri Sys(98)
        K7 600 on FIC SD-11
        256 Megs HSDRAM PC133
        G400 Max
        Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI
        Quantum Atlas 10K
        IBM Ultrastar UW
        Aureal Vortex 2 Super Quad
        3Com NIC (for Cable Modem)

Sec Sys(NT, 98, and Linux)
        P3 450 on soyo BA6 +III
        128 Megs CAS 2 PC100
        TNT
        2 V2s (SLI)
        2 UDMA/66 HDs
        Creative Ensonic
        3com NIC
        Ext Modem

Comment

Can't dispute the fact that you got problems but I have a SB Live and onboard U2W SCSI along with IDE drives and I have no trouble at all.

Have you tried upping video aperture to 256, regardless of amount of memory you have? What version Direct X you have? Have you got all the latest upgrades for Win 95 including USB supplement? What version SB Live drivers?

Ultimately, everything matters.

------------------
          P III 500 @ 560 via 112 FSB, ASUS P2B-LS w/1011 BIOS, 256 MB 8ns ECC RAM ECC Enabled since 5.13 driver release, current 5.30 drivers, DX 7, Seagate 9 GB LVD Cheetah & 9 GB UW Barracuda, 10 GB IDE DiamondMax, Plextor Ultraplex 32 X/Plexwriter 8/2/20 RW, Hitachi GD 2000 IDE DVD CD ROM, SCSI ZIP Insider, G400 MAX, SB Live/Liveware 2.1, Sigma Hollywood + DVD decoder, US Robotics 56K Sportster, Sony GDM400PS, UMAX 2400S SCSI scanner, Soundworks 5.1, HP 6P Laser & 890C, SCSI, LAN & USB enabled. SB Live shares IRQ w/MAX, bus mastering enabled, Win98 SE and NT 4.0 SP4.

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

Just a correction...I never had ONBOARD SCSI...and the probs I had with Expendable was both with IDE and SCSI and straight SCSI (the UDMAs are in my other, P3, box...now)...
            I had troubles with the Live when I was running only UDMA, up to a year ago, when I got the Live...I had 98 and NT on my box, then, and after running the Liveware 2.0 up, then NT SP4 (and later, SP5) I would get hangs at reboot after the SP install...would have to resort to using spacebar to revert to the last KNOWN good hardware config...then play with it...And this happened on my Abit BX6 2.0, Asus P2B-F, and finally the Soyo BA6 +III....
            Glad that the Live is running fine for ya...I originally got it over the MX300 because in the benchmarks I read, the Live had a lot lower CPU Utilization than the Aureal based cards....I always thought it had great sound, too...it just, when I pinned down the prob with Expendable to the fact that it ran fine without the Live in...then fine with the Aureal Super Quad...that sort of clinched it for me...
            BTW, Haven't noticed any diff in the benchmarks with the Live and the Aureal Super Quad with my K7 600....
            kelin

Comment

Thanks people I have got the expendable prob sorted know :]

Comment

Thanks people I have got the expendable prob sorted know :]

Comment

Working...
                X