Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2000

I ordered MAX to Beyond.com at June.
    Today, I recieve mail and they say ETA is after February 2000!

Is it true?
    I know it is difficult to get MAX, but I can't belive that I must wait 8 month to get MAX.

Is there no way without Matrox Online to get MAX?

Just go to the Matrox site and order it. They usually ship the same day. It will probably cost you more, but you gotta make sacrifices for instant gratification.

Bill

------------------
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Yeah, but it's still pretty pathetic that a card that is suposed to be available everywhere already can only be gotten for a premium off of Matrox directly. All those "Production isnt a problem" crap really shows it's true stink right there dont ya think? I mean, if production wasnt a problem, ya would think they'd try to get as many cards out to as many re-sellers as possible.

But this is just me bitching again.
      A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

I asked another re-seller and they said next ETA is 1-30-2000.

Now, I know we can get MAX from Only Matrox Online, forever, maybe.

Comment

Why not just order an oem G400 32meg DH instead? They were widely available off the net as early as August...

------------------
          Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster 32PNP

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

I think Matrox has some major problems with getting cards out to its North American customers. I think they lack a good channel distruter like Ingam Micro to get their products out to the customers. Many people on this forum that are located overseas have been more foranate in getting the G400's from someone other then matrox. I was in germany a few weeks ago and saw a G400MAX sitting in the window for 500DM including VAT! I've read else where on this message forum that Matrox is looking into fixing their channel problems and we should hear something soon about it.

Scott

------------------
            Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The funny thing is a local shop here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Best Computers to be exact) has been getting them in droves. I have yet to go into the store without seeing G400MAX's on their shelf, and believe me, they've been selling like hotcakes.
              I went there wednesday night and they had 8, and returned on thursday night with a friend to pick up a G400MAX for himself, and they'd sold 2 or 3 that day.
              Go figure.
              For reference, their current prices on 'em are (in canadian dollars)
              Matrox Millennium G400 Max 32M AGP ..... $346
              Matrox Millennium G400 D 32M AGP OEM ... $272 Sale> $259
              Matrox Millennium G400 S 32M AGP OEM ... $245 Sale> $199
              Matrox Millennium G400 S 16M AGP OEM ... $179

Unfortunately, the prices aren't _thaT_ much better. Only a $23 difference on the MAX, but still...
              Last time i talked to the owner, he had no idea how he was able to continually keep 'em in stock, while no one else in Canada has been able to. Crazy stuff...

------------------
              P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

Comment

You must have missed the news: Matrox was surprised by the overwhelming demand for the MAX. Matrox thoght that the 30 cards they manufactured so far (one for each hardware site to create hype) would be sufficient.

Comment

Why not just get a regular G400, add a fan to the heatsink and overclock it to MAX speeds? The only difference at that point is the 360Mhz RAMDAC of the MAX to the 300Mhz RAMDAC of the regular G400. Which for me is not such a big deal since I only have a 17" monitor anyway.
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

If Matrox finally ships MAX in February, it won't matter anymore. The gamers will be gone, the distributors are already gone.

I guess when Matrox announced G400 back in May, they forgot to say it was just a conception and the baby would be delivered 9 months later, in fact, not even in the same millenium.

Comment

Of course I still got G400 32MB DH.
                      But I think Matrox will lost many user as their marketing.

Comment

Working...
                      X