Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haig, Is the G400 driver dev team looking at...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig, Is the G400 driver dev team looking at...

...the problems a number of us have running Roller Coaster Tycoon at 1024x768? The game runs fine at 640x480 and 800x600. Basically, the only way to run that game at 1024x768 is to turn down the video acceleration several notches.

Otherwise, the my G400Max is running beautifully. Thanks.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

the problem is, this game enumerates the first 32 modes of the display adapter. Because of all the modes we support, mode 1024x768 falls at mode #33.

I don't know why it works with hardware acceleration off. Maybe when you do this, some modes get disabled.

You can see all our modes if you run Direct Draw Caps from the Dx SDK.

So the fix would be either we drop some modes for this game or the game maker start supporting more modes.

I can tell you from now, we won't drop any modes just yet.

Haig

Comment

Haig,

Thanks for the quick reply. This gave me the technical info I needed to come up with a solution to the RCT problem!!!

Basically, I used the "Matrox Monitor Wizard" to disable some of the lower resolutions that I never use. This lowered the total number of modes supported by G400, thus moving the 1024x768 resolution into the "under 32" range. Rollercoaster Tycoon now runs very nicely in 1024x768 mode!!!

I'm going to post this solution in the gaming forum as well (more appropriate there).

Again, thanks for the info.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
      X