No announcement yet.

week41 k7500 cpu = k7650 and a warning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week41 k7500 cpu = k7650 and a warning.

hi guys i just had to pop my cpu case after reading some posts over at amdzone overclocking forum.

that week 41 and later cpus could be 600 or higher. and just underclocked. well i took mine apart preety easyaly (except screwdriver sliped when i was prying off th metal clip knocking a small smd resistor across the room i thought it was ok becuase i did not see the missing part. its fixed now and working but i did scare the crap out of my self i thought i killed a 200.00 part. it was a small brown resistor on the back side of the cpu slug weather this is a ground ing resistor or a data risistor i dont know but i got my digital voltmeter a fluke md73a and checked the values of the resistors next to the one i knocked off and matched the resistor useing a radioshack 1% tolerance metal film resistor. poped teh heatsink and backplate back on and tested everything out with 3d99mark max finalreality and prime 95 no errors so i guess i fixed the sucker.

any way heres the warning BE DAM CAREFULL WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR K APART I WAS LUCKY AND DID NOT DAMAGE THE SOLDER PAD YOU MAY NOT BE.

heres the really good news my week 41 amd oem k7 500 is a real k7 650 mhz cpu it is stamped k7 650 in the corner of the cpu and etched in the core slug. now all i got to do is get the nearve to take the thing out again and ****with it some more
    noel
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.
Working...
X