Why won't Matrox...Haig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't Matrox...Haig?

release all the microcode for the WARP engine?

write the Opengl extension for EMBM? NVIDIA has just written several extensions for their stuff for the GeForce so I fail to see the reason why Matrox can't write just one extension. They can even get together with the GLX guys to do it.

Well?

Now why would they go and do a thing like that? I might actually make my next card a Matrox card if they were silly enough to go and do that... ; )
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

SharkyExtreme posted some interviews with game developers, and they asked they same question. If EMBM is so great why won't Matrox write an OpenGL extension for it?

Obviously it would be good for marketing, so the only possible answer is a complete lack of talent in the driver development department.

Paul

Comment

Hey, what the hell is a Murcette? Was there a gender question I answered incorrectly?

Paul.

Comment

I'm just glad it didn't happen to me ; )
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi Red,

1 - We won't release anything proprietary right away.

I think the most we ever gave out was just the 2D portion of our cards.

2 - Can't comment on EMBM OGL extensions.

Haig

Comment

Maybe if we're lucky, other companies will release better driver support, now that they're making cards with G400's on them.

Comment

Thanks Haig

Comment

Working...
                X