Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Hang in Windows 98SE during setup

I just bought a dualhead G400 32MB using with
    a PII-400, 128MB, MSI 6163, 2940 SCSI, SB Live.

As I want to re-install my windows 98 SE, this comes to a surprise for me, as the setup was doing the scandisk, it passes through without any problem, the problem was that when it was scheduling to copy files, before the process, it hang at 100%, the files was not even copy yet, the keyboard did not freeze, neither did the mouse, I could still do a CLT-ALT-DEL, what puzzle me was why does it hang at that portion?

Any sugggestion????

Had the same problem on a system,I was asked to fix.The problem that caused it on this computer was the bios did not detect the hard drive parameters correctly.
    win98 would go through the whole installation and then at the end of installing files(100%)it would freeze.
    I suggest checking as to what parameters bios is reporting and check it against what the manufacturer of the hard drive say it should be.
    Hopefully this is the solution,if not get back on it.
    P.S.When installing os never hit alt-ctrl-del to restart,instead turn computer off for a few seconds and then back on.

Comment

The problem is that, it didn't even go to the stage of copying any files at all.. sigh

------------------

Comment

Hi kwangwee,

I have seen this many times before, just let it sit and eventually it will load. Sometimes it will hang upwards of 10-15 minutes. Just let it sit and see if it goes.

Rags

Comment

Hi Rag,

Some other system just don't have this sit and wait things.. hmmmm I will give it a try anyway.

Thanks

Comment

Similar problems on a FIC SD11. Be SURE to have one of the recommended power supplies and in my case, I had to change the memory... as soon as I changed the RAM from a bran name PC133, there were no more isntallation problems and it has been stable ever since.

Comment

Working...
            X