G400 Max Up and Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max Up and Running

It took 3 days to receive my G400 MAX from Matrox. Lots of futzing around to make everything work, but I finally got it running.

Some observations:

This card is VERY particular. I've installed hundreds of computer cards, but even after reading all the posts here for months, my install still reeked havoc on my system. It took a solid three days to get IRQ and registry problems straightened out.

It doesn't seem to want to play well with DirectX 7 or Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. It WILL work with both, but everything has to be installed in just the right order. My SBLive! seems to get along with it just fine.

Once it's in, it ROCKS! Image quality is superb. Dual head is great for Photoshop (I put all the toolbars on the second monitor), but the second screen could be sharper. I haven't tried tweaking it yet, but the first 3D Mark tests were very acceptable: 5205 3D Marks and 8086 CPU 3D Marks.

Thanks to all the posters here. Without all the excellent advice going around here, I'd probably STILL be trying to iron out the conflicts.

I'll post more results when I get to overclocking this beast.

Thanks again,

Barney

PIII 450 oc'd to 504; Abit BX6rev2 mobo; 128 megs pc-100 DIMMS; G400 MAX ; Voodoo2 12meg; SBLive! w/Liveware 3.0; HP 8210i CD-RW; Acer 40x CD; internal ZIP; two WD HDD (6 & 8 GB); Promise ATA-66 controller
Working...
X