Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual head Color on TV???????????????help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual head Color on TV???????????????help....

hi i have a question
    1: question
    im running in dualmode on my matrox g400 millenium and i get a perfect picture on my monitor, but on the TV the picture is perfect except one thing NO COLOR!!!!! i cant determine whats wrong its so strange except that my card is running super,,,,,
    i really want color so please if someone have had the same problem or now the sollution please reply ........
    i tried the matrox e-mail support but i didnt get an answer........

2: question
    when you are goin to overclock the processor how do you do?
    /thanks on ahead.
    rikarde

------------------
    intel pII 433
    64mb ram
    6.4 gb
    matrox G400 millenium 32mb 300mHz card
    17inch
    win98 second edition
    intel pII 433
    64mb ram
    6.4 gb
    17inch
    win98 second edition

ANYONE ????????????????????????????????????
    intel pII 433
    64mb ram
    6.4 gb
    17inch
    win98 second edition

Comment

Take a pill, it's only been a half hour since your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone has an answer they will respond.

Comment

You need to give more info.
        What country?
        What TV standard?
        What type of cable are you using?
        How long is that cable?
        Are you going through a VCR or anything else?
        Is the Black and White checkbox on the TV-out options checked?

Most people find that they are only getting B/W because they are using an s-video cable, and their TV does not properly support s-vid. Try using the composite type cable instead...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

the black & white picture can be caused by at least three things.

Firstly make sure you have selected the correct tv standardd for your country (uk & europe = pal everywhere else gets ntsc i think)this can be found in the dual head settings.

Secondly make sure that the cable type selected in the dual head settings is correct. the round one with lots of connectors is a s-vhs and the other one is a composite.

Next make sure that the tv you are using knows it's supposed to be getting a composite or a s-vhs, my tv has a selection for ext 2 to switch between s-vhs input and composite. If you are using a composite output from your card then all the colours are transmitted with the rest of the picture but if your tv is set to receive s-vhs it will only read the picture information and expect the colour to come through the other connections therefore you get a black/white picture. If you are using the s-vhs output on the card but the tv is expecting a composite input then again you will get a b/w picture because the output from the card has been split into two channels whereas the tv will want all the information in one place.

i hope this has made sense i can go into more detail and can even supply diagrams but this would no doubt send people to sleep

cheers
          1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
          Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
          Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

You need to give more info.
            What country?..........Sweden
            What TV standard?........PAL
            What type of cable are you using?...S-vhs with and converter to my scart on TV.
            How long is that cable?........5 meter
            Are you going through a VCR or anything else?.......no
            Is the Black and White checkbox on the TV-out options checked?......no
            Most people find that they are only getting B/W because they are using an s-video cable, and their TV does not properly support s-vid. Try using the composite type cable instead.............???How do i use the composite caple ??? Where do i put it and how ????

------------------
            intel pII 433
            64mb ram
            6.4 gb
            17inch
            win98 second edition
            intel pII 433
            64mb ram
            6.4 gb
            17inch
            win98 second edition

Comment

Well, I don't know about what kind of cable came with your G400, but on my US version, the adapter cable for the G400 is a y-split. One end is an s-video connector, the other is composite...my TV doesn't even have an s-vid connector, so I have to use the composite...
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, I don't know about what kind of cable came with your G400, but on my US version, the adapter cable for the G400 is a y-split.

Yes so it is here also......

One end is an s-video connector, the other is composite......,,,.. exacly like that in sweden to...

my TV doesn't even have an s-vid connector,
                .........i dont have a S-vhs connector on my tv so im usin a svhs adapter connecting on the scart.

so I have to use the composite...,,,,
                i wonder how do i use the composite where do i connect an so on ... plz reply...
                and buy the way can i get video in my comp usin rainbow runner with my g400card how do i connect and so on

thnks ahead
                /rikarde

------------------
                intel pII 433
                64mb ram
                6.4 gb
                17inch
                win98 second edition
                intel pII 433
                64mb ram
                6.4 gb
                17inch
                win98 second edition

Comment

You need a composite -> scart converter. It can be purchaced in just about any store which deals with HiFi/TV's.

The problems you encounter now, is that your TV only accepts composite signals, not SVHS signals. And in a SVHS signal, the black/white signal is seperated from the color. But in the composite signal the two are joined into one signal. Thus when trying to put a SVHS signal into a composite input, one will end up with only getting the black/white part af the picture.

Solution: Buy the appropriate (spelling?) adapter, composite -> scart.

Ghydda

[This message has been edited by Ghydda (edited 11 November 1999).]
                  As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
                  My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
                  |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

i have another suggestion.

The flap on th efront of your tv (if it has one) may well have three round connectors which is usually used for connecting camcorders and things like [playstions. if you have these connections then you can use the yellow one for video in (composite). All you need to do is connect a std rca lead between the rca socket on the g400 to the yellow one on the front of the tv. if you haven't got a spare rca lead you may be able to 'borrow' one from the back of the hifi. If this works then great if not then it's time to break out the diagrams!!
                    1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
                    Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
                    Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Working...
                    X