MGA Tweak and the G400 32Mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGA Tweak and the G400 32Mb

Can anybody give me some settings for MGA Tweak for a standard G400 32Mb? I've been told it can be clocked up to near MAX speeds, but I don't know what they are, and the last thing I wanna do is destroy my new card. Ta very much....

------------------
    Cheerie,
    Monty
    Cheerie,
    Monty

heh! Destroy even I, can't destroy this bomb. It is defficulte to destroy a chip when you don't have the controle of the voltage. OK! It's trou that trying to ov. the memory to 250 is not a very good idea. The most easyest way to overclock the G400 is 300Mhz for the system. That give a 150/200(memory) racio. Dont play with memory seting that you don't enderstand because this is the only way to destroy your card. And if you want to overclock this card it is (for me) a very good idea to pout a fan. Because the fact that the heatsink of the G400 is to big to now if it go's warm.

------------------
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't

[This message has been edited by space7 (edited 10 November 1999).]
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

anyone have any good settings for a g400 max

Comment

Monty:

Per someone else's suggestion on here, I'd try changing your divisors on the right first. Set them at 2.25, 2.0, 2.25

Then start the PLL at 300 and go up from there. I run mine at 390, which makes a graphics clock of 170/195. Much faster than 150/200, and all of this with stock heatsink (no active cooling.)

It's probably the same for Max users--someone with a Max report how high they can get on a Max, please. I'd wager RAM would get up about 220ish...which means Max's can probably get somewhere near 195/220.

Has there been a thread with everyone's working configs, and highest clockrates? I'd kinda like a discussion of it--I _think_ I'm near the limits of this chip, but I'd like to hear the experiences of others.

Comment

cswam. You are realy in the limit of the card. I don everyting to go higher than that. I pout a heatsink in memory a fan to the chip. The fan don't help for go higner to me but it certainly help my G400 to live longer . But the heatsink in the memory module help me to increase the frecency of the memory to 215 but this is what you get. But increasing the multiplier will normaly decrease the performence. Whit your configuration I get 0,3 % better result that the configuration that I gave to Monty. I give him this configuration because it is the easyest one. And please don't let overclock your video card like a standart. The overclocking of the video card have to be only when you need it. (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary )

Just my 1 cent an a half

------------------

Osho
          --------------

Osho
          --------------
          (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
          Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Thanks to you all guys. I finally settled on the right hand side clock settings of 2.25, 2.00 & 2.25 with a main clock speed of 330.00. I couldn't get the card to go any faster without crashing(360 - 390 just gave me funny garbled screens, 350 locked after a while. Didn't try 340, so I might get round to that this weekend.), but then again I am running a celeron 333 at 416 on an 83Mhz FSB speed. This would probably account for the cards bad performance in the o/c stakes. All this was done without a fan on the G400 heatsink. I might be able to get a bit more with a fan....BTW, the testing was done on Quake 3 test and Half Life deathmatch (both local server games) and the graphics glitches only seemed to stop under 350, whilst 330 ran like a dream for 2 hours on each game...

------------------
            Cheerie,
            Monty
            Cheerie,
            Monty

Comment

Working...
            X