Problem after installing Marvel G400-TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after installing Marvel G400-TV

Received new card yesterday. Installed according to directions. Loaded driver and software. Seemed to run okay except that every time I tried to shut the system down or restart, I received the following:

A fatal exception 03 has occurred at 0028:C0013FEB in VXD VMM(01) + 00012FEB

Went to the Matrox website and sent a tech support email. Found the latest drivers and powerdesk software. Used the uninstall utility to remove old stuff and installed newest. From that point on, pc would boot until it started loading Windows fonts, then went into protected mode. Booted in safe mode, uninstalled old software, reinstalled driver from CD. If I install the CD software, pc will not boot. If I just install the driver, system boots but is very unstable. Can't restart. Can't shutdown, can't run many programs without some form of VXD VMM msg popping up. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,

Update: As long as I don't install the powerdesk software, I seem to be okay. If I install the software from the cd-rom, the system won't restart or shutdown without the fatal exception. I have to simply turn it off. If I load the W9x_530 version that I downloaded from the website, it won't boot.

Comment

Can you tell us more about your PC?

-You might have some IRQ conflicts, also check to see if the card is inserted properly.

-Do you have any other drivers from previous graphic cards? It's a good idea to clean your PC up before instaling the Marvel.

-If it's not so painfull, do a fresh install of Win9x (whatever your running) and a fresh install of the Marvel drivers.

-you might have a problem with your AGP 2x, changing it to AGP 1x might also help.

See what happens.

Good Luck,
      Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 13 December 1999).]

Comment

Update/answers to your questions:

It turns out I did have 1 IRQ conflict. My audio card is an old one (ie not plug-n-play) and it had the same IRQ as the matrox card. Corrected that, no more conflicts.

All old drivers are gone.

I ran the uninstall utility to remove all of the Matrox software. When the system came back up, I tested restarting several times with success, no problems. Loaded the driver from the cd and now when I try and shut down, I get another fatal exception. This time is occurs at 0028:C00051EF in VXD VMM(01) + 000041EF. I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 12 times now and I get the same results each time.

Not sure what you mean with changing my AGP2x to AGP 1x.

Any more suggestions? The card appears to be working, but it gets real tiring having to turn the power off every time I want to shut down.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X